DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im the new owner of a 2000 intrepid with the 2.7. It has a few issues and thanks to the posts here I was able to figure out most of what they were. I still have a few questions though. The car has 155,000 miles on it and it had a rebuilt motor installed around 80,000 miles. The tranny shifts great everything is good in that direction but my concern is the sludge. Can I switch to synthetic with a motor that has around 70 or 80,000 miles on it and will it do any good. The car belonged to my mother so I know most of the history but I dont have papers to see if the new motor came with a new water pump and all that or not or the exact miles it was replaced. Also theres a noise everytime I hit a bump on the front and back like thump thump thump when I go down the road. I noticed the back does it to. What's some things to look for when I get a chance to look under it?

So far I noticed these parts are needed
1.Coolent bleeder - leaks
2.Intake valve oil seals - Can see white smoke when stopped at a light and uses about a quart every 1000 miles
3.ac belt - Missing
4.oil pressure switch and vent wire- Darn oil light flicker
5. 2/2 oxygen sensor - Pulled that code

If anyone has any part numbers or can point me in the right direction as to price wise and where to go Id appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well the oil pressure switch and vent wire together won't cost more than about 50 from the dealer. You don't really need the vent wire though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts