DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just went out to walmart and bought this computer reader to plug into the OBD2 port that plugs into ur iPod touch, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, or ur iPhone.....

it helps with decoding your CEL's, you can view live streaming engine data, it charges your device, it helps to find lost performance, and diagnose poor fuel economy

well... i bought the whole upgrade app for 50 dollars along with the device for 90 dollars so lets see if this 140 dollar investment was worth it

any imput???

·
Woober Goobers!
50,635 Posts
Eeeekk! A good stand alone scanner would've cost right around that.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,635 Posts
Didn't Dudley buy something similar for his car? Albeit a 2nd gen.

·
Registered
763 Posts
i have that on my iphone and ipod 4th gen including an app called rev i just don't have the plugs for it yet i'm suprised you actually found it at walmart i don't think walmart here even sells that stuff

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
looks more like a toy to me,,,, Ill stick with a good snap on, or pegisys

·
Registered
763 Posts
nah its not that i was gonna get it i plan on pickin up some good stuff to hook up to my laptop

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Oh gotcha - you're putting in a carputer. The OBDI (1995 and older) car control system doesn't lend itself easily to computer monitoring - not like all the OBDII (1996 and newer) cars out there. Anything you have the computer monitor will likely have to be tapped into. That's what the MPGuino does.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts