DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what made you get the Trep, or other LH?

Just curious. Why an Intrepid, Concorde, 300m, LHS? How long have you owned it and how many miles? Always been a Dodge fan?

Me:
I bought it as part of a buisness venture. Glad I did. 20,000 miles so far, great car, no regrets. Extensive work done, but worth it. My 'Trep will live to a ripe old age. Have had mostly Toyotas for the last 5 years, but love Dodge, and still have a '93 Dodge Ram 350, with the Cummins since '97. Also owned a '99 Dakota, an '87 Omni, and a '77 Tradesman van. My dad had a '70 Roadrunner a few years back, and an 80 something Diplomat. Grandma had a '74 Imperial, but it had to be put to rest, being from the rust belt.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Needed something cheap and dependable and i needed it quick and it was right across the street. 174k as of tonight.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
well had to get rid of my lemon 89 taurus. pos car. grandpa gave me his 95 corde with 14,444 miles on the odometer in 2000. as of yesterday i just hit 27,002 miles. Hope the car will outlast me thats for sure. put 13000 miles on it in 6 yrs. lolol. not bad. car is still a baby. lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
Had a 93 dynasty that was falling apart. Friends dad used to own Koller Dodge, told him I was looking for a used car and they found the trep that one of the mechanics friends just swapped the 2.7 to a 3.5. He told me about the car and brought it home so I could look at it, went and got the loan the next day. 136000k on the chassis, 68k on the 3.5

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have always loved these cars. Now I am on my 4th(don't think there are too many of us!)

I think it started back in 92 when seeing prototypes and all of the press photos, that was when I was just about driving age. Then in late 92 there was a brand new one on display at the local fair....I knew then I would have one, I took me until 96 to aquire it but then it was all she wrote, now 4 later.

·
Banned
972 Posts
I needed a dependable car, at the time I was driving a Mark VIII, but it had lots of problems. I had a baby on the way so I went car shopping with a babyseat so that I could find one with enough room in the backseat to make it easy to get the babyseat in and out. The salesman showed me a Sable and an Intrepid. After test driving the 2 the decision was pretty simple.

Problem was, I really had my heart set on a 300m at the time and couldn't find one in my price range. After I bought the car I got online to find out how to keep my Trep on the road as long as possible. I found this site and discovered how many 300m parts just bolt on and....well, just look at my sig, you can see what I'm doing now.

·
Banned
338 Posts
married mine. The wife got it after having her 87 grand am die on her with 207,000 miles on it. If it was up to me, I would have had her get a full size GM w/ the 3800 engine.

Still would trade it for a full size GM because of reliability. I have sunk way more money in this car in the past 3 years than I have in my 94 Olds 88 in hte past 4. This car has made me leary of even buying a Dodge again.

On the plus side, it is a comfortable car and has great styling. (looks better than the Olds anyways :p )

AJ

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
My dad was in the Navy and was driving a 1980 Chevette. When he was stationed in VA. he didn't trust the POS Chevette to drive back in forth to Charleston. So he rented a 95 trep and drove it down. The next time he came down he rented a 95 Vision. they liked both the trep and the vision so much they got the Trep from a local dodge dealer here in Summerville. it was also a rental with 32,000 miles on it. So now flash foward 9 years to 2004. I was driving a 1987 Camaro, and is was killing me in gas. I came home one day to wash my car when my mom told me she was getting a new car so I beged them to give me the trep. so they did and I have love it. I now have 214,000 miles on her. This is also the car I learned to drive in.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
My dad bought my car new. I loved it from the day he got it. When my shitbox cavalier bought the ranch and I needed a car right away he told me I could buy the intrepid if I wanted it. I wasn't going to find anything else that I liked so much for the price, and I knew the entire history of the car so it was an easy decision for me. Plus, it gave my old man an excuse to buy his hemi ram :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
My dad got a brand spankin' new black Intrepid ES back in 1993 when his company car contract ended. I really liked it, so I bought my 94 in 05', sold it and a year later bought my 95.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
my dad bought it new and drove it for 4 months. He then gave it to me when i was I started grade 12 since he got a free company car. He later bought his silhouette in 03.

So i basically got my trep for free and i love it so far, once i get into dentistry im getting my g35 and that will be a whole new chapter HEHE... Its really funny cause my dad still likes the trep and takes it out every so often.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I was driving a 92 T-Bird that was far from stock, and it was a ***** to get around in the winter. So when I started my new job and needed a four door, I decided rather then getting something like a BMW 5 series, I would go with something front wheel drive that would still be fun to drive. After test driving several years of Seville I saw my all black Intrepid, and realized that of all the treps I’d seen, it really looked completely different in black, so I took it for a test drive. Of course mine had already had the cam job and exhaust work done, so not only did it sound better then the caddy’s (because of course despite them having a nice V8, you caddy made it so you couldn’t hear it at all), it’s handling and overall driving feel was much less dull, and thanks to them both having a lot of power loss in the drive line, straight line performance really wasn’t that much less with the Intrepid. So I figured I’d just buy the trep, which cost several thousand less then the Seville, and I haven’t regretted the decision once. (Even when I found out that the intrepid wasn’t all that great in the snow either.)

·
Registered
74 Posts
My wife was driving a 91 Grand Am w/ a knock. On a rare day she agreed to go look at cars w/ me on a weekend (she HATES to go on a car lot). We test drove the 95 LHS, she loved it but not the price, so we walked out. 3 weeks later that knock became a pounding and a huge pool of coolant. So we went out looking again but nothing matched what we would get on the LHS. Tried the same lot and it was still sitting there. Over a grand knocked off the price and we drove it outta there. Over 60k miles later and it's still running (with some issues). She still loves it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i needed a winter car since my other car was more of a sumer only car. i wanted a nice sedan so i could fit people in it and i was looking for something relatively cheap. and having already liked chrysler cars i started looking at what they had in my price range. i had already owned a shitty plymouth breeze so i wanted something a little nicer. So i started looking at intrepids and i found a great deal on a high mileage 2000 ES that was almost fully loaded and in great shape so i bought.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
mine was a impulse buy,, in other words i needed a car and i needed it then! the trans had taken a dump on my dakota(well the wife thinks its HER dakota now) anyway, i was barrowing my ex wifes 03 grand prix,, looking for something,, I was broke,, had just baught the trailer,, was up to my eyeballs in debt,, and way the local KIA dealer was doing a no down payment thing on Kia Rios,,, (ugh)I went there,, talked and found out my credit was to weak, but they could put me in a used car, for something down and EASY payments (untill i die), I had a 1970 1/2 ford falcon sitting here with a leaky headgasket and a fuel tank that leaked, i traded that and 300 bucks and brought home the trep (it could of been a ****us) after 60k i still love it, (and now with no trips to ohio its gonna last longer)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I got tired of replacing parts on my old 1992 oldsmobile eighty eight & I saw a lot of 300M's & Concordes at work. That was when I decided I wanted a Concorde. It was cheaper than the 300M, but still nice. I never dreamed I would go from replacing things like a water pump, fuel pump, etc. to replacing a whole engine though, LOL.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I needed a car and the intrepid and for some reason the concorde/Intrepid/300m caught my atention and I started looking for one. I found a concorde and whan I get to the dealer it was in very bad shape and smell bad.

My friend was driving me back hoem and we passed by this dealer that had this 'oportunity', I went down to take a look and bought it.

I still miss my old car which was better equiped, but I love my Intrepid.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
1 Value for the money
2 Autostick
3 Reasonable insurance rates
4 Lots of power

1 - 20 of 33 Posts