DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
Yes, this is true---if you dont have a scan tool----There is a shade tree trick around this----a gravity bleed---meaning no pressure applied during bleeding. One valve open at a time; for about 10 minutes. Valve closed, next one open. Starting with the closest valve to the ABS module (backwards from standard)....---that being said, a standard bleed has to be done first to get the majority of the air out of you'll be there all day.

I've done it many times, works great, just takes a while, but if you dont have a scanner to activate the ABS module;
How do the valves open? That's the question. If you have no electrical control over opening individual valves how are you doing it? Are you talking about opening the brake line?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,750 Posts
How do the valves open? That's the question. If you have no electrical control over opening individual valves how are you doing it? Are you talking about opening the brake line?
I am talking about the individual bleeder valves on the calipers; not the ABS valves. Sorry; should have been clearer on that.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
Makes much more sense now!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hell, I'll try anything at this point. I am done with paying mechanics. Thanks for the share tree trick.

·
Registered
455 Posts
vacuum bleeder is still best to draw the air out.
a small kit is cheaper than a return to the mechanic.

·
Premium Member
16,960 Posts
OK. So the gravity flow is thru normally open valve 7. For some reason I was thinking of the ABS valves all being closed all the time except when the ABS is working, so I was thinking of any air hopelessly trapped unless a valve was somehow forced open or ABS was activated.

What does DRB do to bleed the ABS? Does it run the ABS motor (exercises the accumulator maybe) and do something with the valves to move fluid around and get air to percolate up to the MC?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well gentlemen, thanks again for the advice. I changed the booster and master and the pedal is back to normal! The booster ring had slop with the brake pedal pin that resulted in 0.25" of pedal play. Then I replaced the junkyard purchased master cylinder with a new one and voila! :)

·
Premium Member
16,960 Posts
Glad you fixed it!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts