DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we gave the car to our dealer, and they talked with Daimler Chrystler. Turns out my oil pump was shot, and now they are agreeing to pay 1/2 of the cost. The dealer is gonna buy a new short block, and then rebuild the heads and whatever else needs work. Looks like we'll be paying just under 2 grand for everything, which is certainly better than $7500.00, so i'm happy.

Moral of the story: If something costs $7500.00 to fix, whine alot and DC will pay for it. :)

I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for your support in my earlier threads, just goes to show what a great forum this is after all (happy 2 yrs!).

-Adam

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Dealers will usually do that to avoid lawsuits. They figure they'll fix it and save money.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
good for you....2000 is a hell of a lot better than 7500......how long before you think it is back on the road?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ lol exactly, i'm sure they'll do it, a 2003 engine in a 2000 car, it teleported or something. :)

-Adam

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
crash459 said:
good for you....2000 is a hell of a lot better than 7500......how long before you think it is back on the road?

Amazing how $2000.00 sounds good to fix something that is a design defect.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think they call that a good faith or good will effort. You can actually ask specifically for that.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So your keeping the SE afterall!!!!!! Thats the best news I've heard all day!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crombie - christ man, you sound happier than me! :)

Yeah I know, i'd much rather spend 2 grand on other stuff, but it's either that or pay for it all, i don't know what kind of case we could pull to get full payment. I'm just stoked they agreed to pay half.

Now i'm just waiting on word for when i can get it back, I've been driving my moms SHO, mother of god, total awsomeness. Torque steer exstravaganza, but it's awsome. I still like the trep better though, more room and looks better (black always does). And i've been driving the suburban, holy **** i forgot how big that thing was. Rear wheel drive though, been having some fun in the snow. Good times.

-Adam

1 - 20 of 26 Posts