DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've done this nifty little javascript thing (not complete yet, but click here to see what I'm talking about), but I can't position it correctly on my web pages. Actually, I think it's the rest of my website that I'm having the problems with positioning. Click here to see what I mean. You can see the nav thingy goes over the text (and anything else really).

So how can I position everything so that it won't run into the nav thingy?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
-chase

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Warlord187 said:
Actually, I think it's the rest of my website that I'm having the problems with positioning. Click here to see what I mean. You can see the nav thingy goes over the text (and anything else really).
Actually, you can't see it anymore since I fixed it (with Randy's 'guidance'). :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
ya randy you know your shizzit, tables are great, they work alot better than frames in organizing a website becuase of all the different resolutions used these days frames will always look all messed up on different screen res. but tables stay true to their real shape. look nice and professional.

heh, the ever-changing world of web-design you gotta love it. I know I do!

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmmmmmmmm.........

In viewing this page at work (using Netscape 4.72), it seems that the table didn't work and my nav thingy overlaps the text on the page. It worked fine when viewing it at home using IE (not sure what exact version, but one of the newest ones). Is Netscape 4.72 incompatable? What does everybody else see?

TIA,
-chase

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Intrepid99 said:
netscape blows!
Yes, I know, but for some reason here at work, IE only will work for the intranet. When I try IE for the internet, I get a "can't find page" error. I do use Netscape 6 some times at home (mainly use IE at home). But I know a lot of people use Netscape and other forms of browsers, so I would really like my webpage to be compatable with as many as possible. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
problem solved:

the entry page to your website should say, this page is compatible with IE only and if you have netscape or anything or program you should immediately close it and support microsoft by d/l IE immediately! and if you choose not to d/l it, then my page will look like **** and you'll have an awful time viewing it. Have a nice day! :)

there ya go, just thought I would help ya

·
Registered
76 Posts
heh, down with the monopoly.

ya know I liked mandrake alot but it just wasn't WINDOWS :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts