DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i have a 99 intrepid 2.7 and this mornign the belt for the power steerning came off, i notice that the front oile plug from the driver side was gone, and it was driping oile from there, now i put the belt back on but a strange sound came from the engien as if somthing was broken inside, after the car warm up the sound wa gone, when i drove it to work it started to over heate, i parkd it and the steem was caming out where the oil plug use to be, i waited and put whater back in and started the car againg, i blew wather mix with oile out of the same hole, the car was shaking badly so i turn it off, im going to tow it to the mechanics, but i wanted to heare it from you guys. thanks :doh:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
wow dunno bout anyone else on here but I think your motor is finished, esp over heating like it did due to no oil...I wouldn't hold your breath

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Why continue to drive it and attempt to keep it running when you see that it is leaking water? Sounds like the water pump is shot, and needs to be replaced... Along with the timing belt, and other various parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts