DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice view of the headlights everyone seems to dislike...I don't think they look so bad.

Nice Shot...

Not sure if I like the rear wiper....seems kinda big. Maybe its just this shot:

·
Registered
212 Posts
That color looks really good on that car. Notice on the back that it's a SXT model. I didn't think they had a SXT model. Doesn't SXT mean bigger engine without all the extras?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SXT is the mid level model with the 3.5

The models are:

-Base (2.7L)
-SXT (3.5L)
-R/T (5.7L)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They might have had more then this one there (including the Hemi). Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I agree with Anthony, I'm not sure I like that ugly rear wiper. I did notice, however, that it is missing from the SRT-8 on Randy's video. If it comes with one, I'll consider it's removal as a potential mod.

This 5.7L Hemi R/T Magnum may be the car for me. I don't think I'd be able to afford the SRT-8 with the 6.1L or the Charger

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Warlord187 said:
We'll see if the words by my avatar remain after Thursday (that's when I plan on going to the auto show). :)
Hope you like it. I probably won't see it in person until the dealerships start getting the "show-em-off" models that aren't for sale. Obviously I'll see the 300 first (since they are being released a month earlier). But the Magnum has my eye.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It says "4x4 Contact" (or something to that effect). Might just be the tire branding or it may be the tire used on the AWD model.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
yuck 225/60 18, anyone up for 235/55 18 goodyear eagle RS-A?
edit: anyone know the wheel width 7.0, 7.5, 8.0?
Mercedes always does stupid **** like 7.5x16 with 215/55 16 on the old E320,
8.0x16 with 225/55 16 on the current e320
and supposedly when the S-class came out, it used 8.0x16 with 225/60 16 tires

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I just looked at the Continental tire website and it says those are for luxury performance SUV applications

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/us/en/continental/automobile/themes/van/perf_suv/4x4_contact/master_en.html

and here is what tirerack says about them

The 4x4 Contact is Continental's Street/Sport Truck All-Season tire designed to make grand touring tire qualities available for sport utility vehicles. Used as original equipment on the Mercedes ML320/500 and Porsche Cayenne S, the 4x4 Contact combines Continental's original ContiTouringContact CH95 style tread design with the large rim diameter sizes appropriate for light trucks.

On the outside, the 4x4 Contact features incorporates Continental's most advanced all-season tire technology. The symmetric tread pattern features large, stable outer tread blocks and three circumferential ribs for directional stability and steering response. Lateral shoulder grooves and four wide circumferential grooves provide efficient water drainage to enhance wet traction. The tread pattern is also heavily siped for good traction in light snow.

Continental 4x4 Contact tires feature blackwall styling and are available in 80-, 75-, 70-, 65-, 60- and 55-series; T-, H-, or V-speed rated sizes for 15" through 18" wheel diameters

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Intrepidatious said:
Well, remember they are trying to market this thing as a Truck / SUV.

This surprised me when I first saw it...right on Dodge's website:

Look at the first vehicle in the "Trucks" section
Ah yes...way to get around the CAFE standards.

It's also the only truck in red. Does that mean anything? Maybe.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think those tires are cool on it, who gives a **** if thier for a truck/suv or not, they look like they would be nice in the poorer of conditions....In the 300C thread i said i didnt like the new LX's, but the magnum looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Well, I just got back from the auto show and all I can say is.....I ****ing want!!!! It looks frigging awesome!!!!

The headlights don't look so bad in person. Although I do like the concept headlights better.

In the 5-10 minutes or so that I was hanging around the Magnums, I heard many people say that they really like the looks and that it's about damn time Chrysler did something like this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts