DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with my engine fan needlessly running. Mentioned it on another thread.

Just got back from a 3 hour trip. The 1st leg of the trip is a 90km/hr highway. So I locked the cruise on 110km/hr for about an hour. Reset the AVG mileage once we were on the highway. It was getting 9.5L/100km.

For those not familiar with the metric mileage. The smaller the number, the better the mileage. Also a change of 1L/100km is alot. About 3 in mpg.

After an hour of this we change highways. First exit at the rest stop and still pissed that my fans are still running. Especially considering it's - 3 deg Celcius. Frustrated I unplugged the fan relay and the fans finally stop running.

Hit the highway and lock the cruise on 120km/hr. Reset the AVG and it's mid 8's. After 2 hours of this it's settled on 8.0L/100km's. Generally. No I take that back. Everytime I increase speed, my mileage goes down. I've tried this 100 times and 110 is better than 120 for fuel consumption. I just can't believe those fans running seem to use so much more fuel.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
You crazy Canadians and your metric system...

my car gets 15 rods to the barrel and thats the way I like it!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The metric system is a really good system but I don't know what retard decided to do the mileage like that.

The distance driven divided by the amount of fuel used is logical. I like Miles per Gallon and would actually prefer if the metric system did Kilometers per Litre.

The amount of fuel divided by 100km is really stupid but I've force myself to get used to it. We buy our fuel in Litres, drive on roads with metric speed limits and drive cars measuring distance in kilometers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts