DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I just took some new pics with my new digital camera.
I washed and waxed my car today with Meguiars Gold Class Wax and cleaned out the interior.
Shines nice now, but the forecast announced rain or snow tomorrow...

The engine compartment with my homemade intake

The interior

While doing my Concorde conversion I had the idea to mod the trunk lid center part.I added 2 5W bulbs as additional taillamps:)

My HID setup

Benny

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Very nice and clean. I love the cleanliness of the engine bay. Nice car.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and thanks for the positive feedback!
Dodge_Intrepid_Teen, I just like the Concorde tail lamps more , because I like red turn signals...
Furthermore I wanted to create a really unique LH car.I like the combination of the Vision front end and the Concorde rear.Chrysler had a very good idea when they decided to make the parts interchangeable!

Benny

·
Registered
623 Posts
I miss my 1st gen corde... nah

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi

IceShaver511, no the bumper didn´t have this metal strap.The dealer wanted 150.- Euros for the original Chrysler chrome molding!I asked my grampa and he said it´s no problem - he just bended a strap of metal (aluminum) andpolished it.I think it looks good the way it is now...no need to pay that much for the original one..

Kenundrum, the heat shied is also custom made by my grampa;-)
It´s made out of a piece of aluminum prepared to fit and mount into the stock airbox screw holes.The bottom is made of perforated and black painted metal.

I got all the parts at my local hardware store,the Chrysler badge on the heatshield top end is from ebay.

Benny

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nothing better then a clean engine.....vERY nICE !!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes YB, my grandpa is a great help whenever I do repairs on our cars.
He always finds a solution for all kinds of problems you can imagine when doing mods or repairs on cars.
I think I wouldn´t have been able to do the headgasket repair on the LeBaron as fast as it worked out with the help of my grandpa.

He always has the right idea on hand when I end up with a problem being unable to solve it as efficiently and fast as he does...

Benny

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Wowzers! Looking good!

Can you go into detail about what you did with the lights in the center bar? I didn't know there was a closed section like that.

Oh and CEHE4KA, cram your pie hole, stop putting down first gens and learn how to take a picture!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi FunkRider,

I had a closer look at the Concorde center bar and noticed that there are 6 closed sections in a row.
So I "dremeled" 2 holes in the very outer sections on the left and right side of the bar.
I made the holes fitting the standard 5 W 1-filament bulb socket.(You could also build in 2-filament sockets if you want to have additional stop lamps.)
Then I made a wiring harness out of an old Vision trunk lid wiring harness,but in general you only need 2 bulb sockets and some wire.

Now, you have to route the wires inside the trunk.There should already be a plugged hole in your trunk lid which leads right behind the light bar after you remove the plastic plug.(The Vision and the Concorde have the same trunk lid so I guess it´s the same on yours.)
The last step is to hook the 2 new bulbs into the park lamp circuit.I´d just route the wires to one of the taillamps,then splice it into the wiring there.

And voila-you´re done.

Benny

·
Registered
865 Posts
Very Nice, I like the interior wood trim and the engine looks so clean :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice job over there!!

I would like to know which HID are you using now?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi bowen,
The HID kit I´m using is a set made to fit and replace 9006 halogen bulbs.The euro-headlamps I´m having needs 9006 for low and 9005 for high beams.

I strongly recommend using the euro headlamp housings when converting to xenon.There are 2 big advantages:

-Better beam pattern which doesn´t bling other drivers.
-You don´t loose your high beam as there are bulbs for high and low beam.

Benny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts