DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been working on my trep a little bit at a time over the course of the weekend.

So far I have successfully added a courtesy lamp to left rear door, did the lighted keyring mod and added a courtesy lamp to the driver's floorboard. What could quite possibly be a DI.net first is I also stole the light from the ashtray and moved it to the cubbyhole, wiring it in with the rest of the courtesy lights so it isn't on all the time; just when I want it to be. Oh, it all started out with because I got some chrome switches, so while I had the door panels off I got to work. It is still a work in progress but I hope to find some more time later in the week to wrap it all up.

and I never fail to make a mess...

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Looks cool. I'd look into that idea as well if I wasn't needing to add gauges for tranny temp, volt and oil pressure down there LOL

Definitely cool idea tho !!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Use what ya got to get the results you want. I end doing this all the time. I like the use of spare parts, I have a few ideas now. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments.

I had someone ask so I'm sure there's others who are curious.

To tap into the courtesy lights I used the white plug just inside the fuse box cover on the fuse panel. There is a pink and yellow wire that run up the A-pillar to the map lights. I spliced into it right inside the fuse block and tucked the wires out of the way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mods look great ! I like the chrome parts, door handle & switches from what i see. Are you doing LEDs with the lights you're adding/moving?

my other question is if you already had the mounts for the Door courtesy lights, or had to make them/find them ? I haven't really opened mine so i dont know.

& yea i was curious into how to tap into the courtesy lights, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
14,941 Posts
Thanks for the comments.

I had someone ask so I'm sure there's others who are curious.

To tap into the courtesy lights I used the white plug just inside the fuse box cover on the fuse panel. There is a pink and yellow wire that run up the A-pillar to the map lights. I spliced into it right inside the fuse block and tucked the wires out of the way.
Nice job, I too missed my floor lighting, so several years ago I did the same thing. I used the door lights from an Isuzu Rodeo and custom made a bracket and tapped into the same wires. Again, jice job.

Late!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts