DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I used to hail from MA back in the day (I grew up there, 1988-1999) in Stoneham, MA.

I'm out on Long Island, NY now, in Coram. Quite the difference between the two places. lol

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nope.

I was up in MA a month ago, I haven't been up there in over eight years. Very odd driving around Stoneham in my own car almost ten years later. lol

I really want to go back and spend a bit more time there, such a nice change of pace from Long Island. Hempstead is nice though, been there plenty of times. Hampton Bays, that is a very nice ritzy spot if you ever come back on LI, check out Dune Rd too. The houses on that road are crazy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeah we need to have a road call one day ......

i thought about moving to long island to work for there railroad since there is the best in the country

·
Registered
519 Posts

i thought about moving to long island to work for there railroad since there is the best in the country
LIRR jobs are pretty sweet, they're pretty much civil service jobs, and benefits are amazing.

Cost of livng here is high, though. It sucks.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,811 Posts

LIRR jobs are pretty sweet, they're pretty much civil service jobs, and benefits are amazing.

Cost of livng here is high, though. It sucks.
Not intentionally trying to thread jack~
Ahhh, never thought this would materialize on a Dodge site, but anyhoo

Make sure you have a firm offer of employment from the MTA before you move.
We (LIRR) are similar, but are not civil service. That is the subway & bus people.
While the benefits for a passenger railroad are still the best as compared to other railroads, Metro-North, our sister railroad is a close 2nd.
Each labor contract renewal brings slighty less and less benefits for each generation of new hires.
As far as LIRR being the best in the country.... this was mainly true for a long time, but as of the last few years this company is currently undergoing a major transformation that is not good for the future of it's employees or the riding public.

It used to be run by railroad people, but has long since been under the control of corrupt politicians with no rail background who control the purse strings (ahem) and mismanage, horribly, a company that runs itself.

The cost of living in and around the NYC/State lower region is rediculously high and even with what we make, it is barely enough to get by on comfortably.

·
Registered
519 Posts
^^^ very true.

The cost of riding the trains have gone up as well. My pops buys the monthly ticket, and he pays $380 IIRC, and that cost is expected to rise again within a year or two.

I really hated how polititians keep trying to get involved with everything here, and in the end it just becomes another place to simply profit themselves.

I can't wait to move outta here. lol

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,811 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Age old thread, but I have been away for a while- Central Mass- Marlboro area (Trep is the wife's car)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Day late and dollar short... but still here- in Hudson now- wife still driving the white trep and I'll be back driving my Black 2nd gen CTD ram very soon.
still only 1 other white ES around here, but it has the sun roof.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts