DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, get on the horn and do a little research on this...my cousin owns a dakota R/T, and i was talking to him yesterday (im heading up north to MI later on tonight to chill the last week of summer...), but he told me that the fuel injectors in his motor (5.9L) are identical to the ones in the 3.5L. he swapped his out a while ago for some performance injectors, higher flowing ones....i got to thinking, and he agreed, that if HE could swap injectors,....couldn't I do the same?? I....I dont know! but i want to find out

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Theoretically it could be done, my only concern would be how and if the computer would be able to re-map the fuel/air curve.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry man, No Can Do. Intrepid 3.5 injectors are a diffrent design than the other cars/trucks in the line-up. 3.5 injectors are of a "bottom feed" design, they're real short and fat where as the 'kota's are the typical "top feeder" design. Good idea though, gonna have to see what may work. Perhaps a set from a Nissan 300ZX turbo, they're similar in design.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a bunch for the info, i had doubts about it too. i wont stop looking, either. the system he got for his truck, he could control the type of spray and the pressure at the rail, so i thought that would be a real big change to the car (coupled with an MSD ignition box)...ill definetly look into injectors from other makes like you said... :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
LHSer, one ****ed up, funny ass Avatar! :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Warlord... dont know what your talkin about! :) Your La-Burner-of-Rice :) All ya need now is the appropriate sticker for ya car! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts