DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well a metal rattling like sound can sometimes be heard...seems like its near or under my door somewhere...sometimes when i accelerate at 2500 rpms the car will start to shake...if i go faster it wont...i dont know...what could be wrong here im puzzled?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Have your cat converter checked, it's probably that. They're not cheap to replace either, mines been done twice but one was under warranty but the first cost about $400 for everything.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The material inside of the cat comes apart in chunks and tends to rattle around. Put the car on jacks or ramps and try to shake the exaust system (careful! it's hot!) If something is loose inside, you'll hear it. Someone once told me that he took his cat off, knocked all of the stuff out of it and put it back on. He took it down for emisions (twice now) and it passed with flying colors! I don't remeber who it was that told me that, it is illeagle to modify cats like that. I thought it was interesting though. You may simply have a loose clamp on the exaust. I have seen that before. Good luck

·
Registered
530 Posts
motor/tranny mount maybe..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts