DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Sooooo - I'm back - sort of..........

2K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  Torontofirecaptain 
#1 ·
Posting this here 'cause I figured most members will see it, rather than in the general discussion - besides, there will be mention of my car - later.

Anyway, after almost 6 months of "hibernation" I am going to try to get on-board again, at least for a while every day.
The "injury" I sustained turned out to be a mis-aligned lower vertebrae which is pressing on the nerve bundle that serves my left leg. That causes a constant feeling like banging your funny bone, but in my leg, from hip to foot, and 24/7.
I am on several pain killers, which make it tolerable.
Short of a risky operation, I have to live with it for a while. I am told that it may eventually subside. Here's hoping.
The reason I haven't been here or there for the last 6 month is that the fool thing is an anomoly - hurts like hell if I sit for more than a minute or two, but is pretty tolerable when I am moving around (up until the Doc. finally hit on a suitable pain reliever, it was intolerable all the time).
I am told that I have to get back here since Shawn can't keep up with answering questions.
BTW, for that, I can't thank him, Art, Adi and several others that have been in touch with me. It has been very much appreciated.

Now, for every one that has made purchases and/or contacted me for parts, thanks for your understanding on the sometimes slow email replies, but again, it is the sitting here that has been difficult, and answering the 50ish emails a day I still get was a stretch at times.
Again thanks to all for your patience.

To everyone else that has passed on good wishes etc. through Shawn and the others, thank you all for that too. Means a lot to know I've not been forgotten.

I will continue to try to answer as many emails and now PMs as I can, but please be patient if I'm not fast at it - things are getting better, but not very fast.

Thanks also to Tom and all the guys at his place last week - it was great to see the "usuals" and also a lot of new faces. Had a great time, as it was my first outing since this started in Dec. Just sorry I had to leave early on Sat., and couldn't come back on Sunday, but I tried the week away without the "candy" - wrong decision.

On a lighter note, the 'Trep is undergoing a fairly major remodeling - Shawn has sort of seen some of it, the rest of you will have to wait a bit.
I am hoping to have it ready for the "big" meet (I know I keep saying I'll be there). Right now it is off the road for a bit.

Anyway, enough about all this - just once again - a big thank-you to everyone here - sort of brings a tear to one's eyes:crying:

See less See more
#9 ·
Weclome back-One thought have you-did you ever think of going to a Chiroprator_ have been seeing one for several years-I started out with constant lower back pain-now gone(one lower lumbar vertibra is cocked an 1/8 inch) and had constant migrain headaches-also now gone. Just a thought for your constant pain.
Tom

#12 ·
Ross my friend, you are welcome here anytime.
I am glad to see that you are getting back on the horse.
I need to get back up to the "toy store" sometime to see ya.

If you need anything, please let me know.

#15 ·
hey ross! glad to hear your getting a little better, little by little at least is better than worse! hope you have a full recovery in the long run. and BTW thanks again for my rims they look fabulous forgot to send ya a pic LOL! it was a pleasure meeting you and the wife, great help in recommending some good resturants! and hope to see you again in the future! take care buddy

#17 ·
Nice to see you on the board again Ross. Thanks for the little note on the windshield, I bet that was the wifes handwriting!

#21 ·
What, is my writing that good???

Thanks Tom - had a good day there, just wish I could have stayed longer, would have been better than the rainy drive back home.
Never did make Memphis, just cruised across Kentucky and West Virginia in the rain.

I wonder how my neighbours would have reacted to 20 odd cars in my yard..........maybe I'll have to see................

#28 ·
Having Lambo doors on the front doors of a 4 door car would look pretty lame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.