DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other Than Buying A, R/T and adding dual aftermarket Exhaust, CIA, and an Optimizer two. What else can you do to make one faster? aside from keeping it in good shape. And How many horsies would you say the above mentioned Trep Kick Out?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Aftermarket exhaust can be tricky because of backpressure. If not done correctly you can actually lose horsepower. I believe a CIA is good for about 8 hp on a 3.5 Not sure about the Optimizer.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
You can also get the SE gears (from a 2.7) It has a gear ratio of 3.89 compare to 3.66 (for the R/T or ES) The only down side is that you get a -7% reading on your speedo and on your top speed.

Reactions: Vertigo_AK47

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Bimmer_2002 said:
You can also get the SE gears (from a 2.7) It has a gear ratio of 3.89 compare to 3.66 (for the R/T or ES) The only down side is that you get a -7% reading on your speedo and on your top speed.
I doubt you'd lose top end, you'd just be revving higher when you hit the max speed.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i know on the first gens you can run a turbo setup on the 3.3's and some guys have done custom supercharger setups on 3.5's

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow I Got More to think about now. I plan on buying an 02' RT with under 30,000 miles (I know its gonna be tough to find) within the next year and turning it into a project car is the reason I ask. ^This is some helpful stuff. I just want a killer system and to make it speedy as it can be without losing a lot of gas mileage. Ill probably get a neon or something for an everyday car for the mileage and keep the R/T I plan on buying in a Garage. I also have a 64' Impala hardtop (Its in pretty bad shape body-wise) that I should get to work on though before I start on an R/T

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Avenger said:
I doubt you'd lose top end, you'd just be revving higher when you hit the max speed.
I think he meant that the speedo will read 7% less than actual speed , that means your speed governor will be fooled and you will actually gain 7% on your top speed.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
I think he meant that the speedo will read 7% less than actual speed , that means your speed governor will be fooled and you will actually gain 7% on your top speed.
so at 120 my 35 is at 2700-3000 in forth this se gers gets the horses up in 4th ?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
ESMIKE96 said:
so at 120 my 35 is at 2700-3000 in forth this se gers gets the horses up in 4th ?
You'll be in a higher rpm band with the SE gears at 120 while cruising , but it won't change the HP figure your engine dishes out. On the other hand the speedo reading will be off, so the governor will shut it down when the speedo reaches XXXMph wich will be 7%(don't quote me on exact % figure) higher in reality than the speed at wich the vehicle is governed.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:

Wrong.

The speedometer will indicate 7% faster than your actual speed.

So if you are doing 55MPH, you're speedometer will read around 59 MPH.

So you will lose 7% on the limiter.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,297 Posts
The Kenne Bell Optimizer II is available only for 1998-2001 cars(Those with seperate PCM and TCM)

Reactions: Vertigo_AK47

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Vertigo_AK47 said:
Hey CDN R/T When You Say Pre 02' do you mean 02's and back or anything before 02 (01' and back)
Ronbo said:
The Kenne Bell Optimizer II is available only for 1998-2001 cars(Those with seperate PCM and TCM)
What he said...
The PCM and TCM were integrated in '02.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts