DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't know if he's a member here, it was in sheboygan, WI light brown/gold 2nd gen tint all the way around

I need to go test out a new intrepid the 3.5 has to be faster than my car?!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dunno I never drove an intrepid yet, but the 2.5 V6 is faster in some cases than the 3.0 stratus, manual tranny being the once in a while situation

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Pretty silly to come into a kill section and post a "I killed a such and such" story without knowing what exactly you drive.

Your Stratus looks rather stock, other than the nice shiny intake, and there is no way that just an intake modded 1st gen Stratus will beat up on a 1st gen 3.5L, or any 2nd gen. (The 2.7L 2nd gens might give you a win.) You'd probably do well against the 3.3L first gen cars.

Not raising the BS flag yet, just need more details.

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: LHSer ]

·
Registered
407 Posts
The new Stratus R/T won't keep up either- my uncle has one as his employee car (courtesy of Chrysler) and even though he was able to get off the line a little faster he said I blew past him like he was going backwards through the intersection.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
2000 Stratus R/T`s with a stick they will stay with a Intrepid R/T. Up to about 90mph after that the R/Ts will walk away from them. The auto`s are much slower. I have raced both and driven both. The stick is very hard to shift fast it wants to jam up between gears. It is like the early 80`s Dodges sticks very hard shift fast with out jamming up. The jap 2.5 V-6 is a dog the 2.4 I-4 is much better i had a 98 Stratus it would walk on any stock 2.5 V-6. Look at the numbers it has only 3 lbs more torque at 500 rpm`s higher and only 13 more hp but over 250 pounds heavier car with the V-6 . I raced many V-6 Stratus`s and Avenger`s never lost a race. I am not bad mouthing your car the
Stratus handles very good in the turns it just never got the motor it needed the 210hp 2.4 turbo in the Mexican Stratus R/T. It was a much faster car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, here's the info you guys want, I know for a fact it wasn't an R/T and I don't think it was an ES either, I have a 95 2.5L V6 stratus and your right all I had at the time was an intake, and it was only like a 2 block stretch, he got pissed and left :confused:

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: titanofchaos ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and no I didn't come here st start **** I just thought it would be nice to have another place to talk about dodge cars

Later, Joel

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by titanofchaos:
and no I didn't come here st start **** I just thought it would be nice to have another place to talk about dodge cars

Later, Joel
Hey, you are of course welcome here. :)

Maybe you can answer this question for me. This might sound like a stupid question, but it has annoyed me for some time now because I don't know the answer. Why do they call the Stratus (Cirrus, Breeze) cloud cars??? Thanks.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
You're right Randy, Cirrus is a type of cloud as well.

If it was an SE, it would be the 2.7L. It could lose to a 1G cloud V6. The cloud has less power, but makes up for it in weight.

Hell, my car is 800lbs heavier than a 1G cloud 4cyl and I have beaten clouds, 4 pot and 6, so who knows.

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: LHSer ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah the stratus and cirrus are clouds, what the hell is a breeze? anywho, what is the base intrepid? I didn't see any markings on the rear door by the window isn't that where the badging is on treps too?

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Clouds are part of the weather system,a nd so are breezes?? Just a thought.

Anyways, in 2002, all badging that was behind the back window on the side has been moved to the trunk.

prior to that, all ES's said ES there.

Most, R/T's did not say anything there (unless you had a motorsport edition)

1998-2000 SE's did not say anything there, however 2001 said SE there.

I think I got that right

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepid99 ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aso now I get it I don't think it was like brand new I've seen the guy around town for the last few years, always driving like an ass ie 50's in residential areas, some people's kids

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: titanofchaos ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Warlord187:

Anyway, the three platforms were similiar (like Concord, Intrepid, LHS)
B]

does the 300m fit in here anywhere?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I think if Plymouth had ever made an LH Car it would have been called:

Plymouth (insert name of your favorite aircraft carrier or supersonic jet here)

;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts