DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm 10 minutes out of Tampa Florida. Anyone else in the South East?

·
Registered
26 Posts
We should plan a get together in like Jacksonville or Orlando.

-Beer is required
-Clothing optional...FOR THE WOMEN ONLY!!!

LOL

-Jared

·
Registered
415 Posts
Orlando, middle of the state. Jax is too far away for me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
North Carolina. Do you consider that south east enough?

Paul, my company has a plant just outside conway, sc. I am down there once every few months.

·
Registered
415 Posts
What base were you station at? NAS Jax? Mayport or Cecil Field before they closed it? My father lives in Jacksonville right now, on the northside. I really like Jacksonville, except for the smells around the plants. Much more efficient road system than Tampa. Is anyone else from FL/GA area? I'd love it if there was a FL meet!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was stationed at SIMA, Mayport. And I lived down in Ponte Vedra Beach. I think a FL/GA meeting would be great. Okay...and the Carolinas too. We gotta have someone to stiff with the bills and blame everything on. LOL. Just kidding guys. With how big our treps are, I can just imagine ppl's faces with a line of `em screaming past.

Now that we've got some interest, we need to come up with a timeframe. Any ideas?

-Jared

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i'm in St. Pete, just a hop across the pond to Tampa. I'm game for a florida meet if others are, anything above that is a road trip and will require much planning and $$ to head out of the state.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hear ya man. I think that the Orlando idea would be the way to go. For the most part, it's not more than 3 or 4 hours from anyone in the state. And if you're coming from outta state, what better place to go withint the state. And as you pointed out, it wouldn't entail emptying out the savings to make the trip.

-Jared

·
Registered
63 Posts
a florida meet will be real good. since mostly some of the intrepid meets were up north. i'll go for sure and if it would be in orlando it will be great like 3 hours for me thats it. who is going to be the man to plan this meet in orlando?? :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm only 16, so Orlando is about as far as I want to drive. I-4 is a poon, but I like it. How do you like malfunction junction in downtown tampa Thrasher? I love it. I feel like I cheat death every time I go through it! I get pissed when traffic bogs down and I can't do 65 through there. :mad:

Some of you adults will have to try and put something together. Howabout like downtown disney or International drive in orlando? Maybe one of the sub-urbs of orlando so we can avoid that GAY ASS Bee Line expressway (i hate that thing, like 1.25-1.50 tolls every 5 miles) :mad:

I would REALLY like an Orlando meet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts