DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Southern Spring Meet, April 29-May 1, 2016

22K views 166 replies 20 participants last post by  MeanMugga 
#1 ·
Its time again for the Southern Spring Meet signup thread!!! :Rockin::Rockin:

This year it will start Friday, April 29th, at noon, and go until 5pm May 1, 2016!

As always it will be at my place near Zebulon, NC...Y'all are more than welcome to stay at my house, as always, or you can stay at one of the many local hotels within 15-20 minutes drive if you so choose.

Food will be catered on Saturday.

Any and all are welcome, hope to see you there!

More details to come as the time gets closer. If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Lets start the attendance list!

1. Daytrepper

See less See more
#2 ·
Scooter-man

Add me to the list - pending any work service calls.

I say we make up some T shirts for this DI meet. My brother does this type of graphic art. A local shop near me can do the shirts (Just made over 200+ shirts for our elementary school).

Dang beer frig better be fixed a month in advance. Wood for fire. Plenty of chairs

I claim the side garage space off the kitchen. or share a room with someone.

A breakfast plan Saturday or Sunday morning should be thought of. (that dish Doug's Wife made one morning rocked - (casserole in oven style)

#3 ·
Good call. We need to do shirts again. If you can, grab me a cost on some shirts --- ~30 or so, various sizes, I would estimate.

Beer fridge will be fixed post haste! I've got a cooler in the garage full of ice right now..LOL

That was actually my neighbor's wife, she'll happily make it again, provided the materials. Maybe get more this time, we had two casserole dishes full, they were gone in seconds....

#6 · (Edited)
Hey You shifted the dates!

In order of appearance:

1. Daytrepper
2. Scooter-Man
3. MeanMugga
4. Ronbo the Barbarian
5. 98IntrepidTan

#7 ·
Will bring my full array of Griot's Car Care Products this time.

Now's your chance for that "Deep Ass" cleaning on the Intrepid Dan!

#9 ·
1. Daytrepper
2. Scooter-Man
3. MeanMugga
4. Ronbo the Barbarian
5. 98IntrepidTan
6. KxWarrior + Ragtag team of kids/wife

Yeah I was expecting it to be the week after. Gotta use an extra day of vacation :p Doesn't matter. Want me to get the wife to stir anything up beforehand we can bring down Dan?

#10 ·
1. Daytrepper
2. Scooter-Man
3. MeanMugga
4. Ronbo the Barbarian
5. 98IntrepidTan
7. Dmondeac

Should be able to cruise in.

#13 ·
Fresh pine logs cut today. If I can keep them dry, they may be ready for the meet.

#15 ·
Is this like the jar of jelly beans challenge? I'd guess about 1/3 of a face cord. (No seats right?) I'll probably need those heavier springs though...

#18 ·
Are you sure that's the correct smilie?

:brutal_12

Aha! That's better!

#19 ·
List so far. The more the merrier!

1. Daytrepper
2. Scooter-Man
3. MeanMugga
4. Ronbo the Barbarian
5. 98IntrepidTan
7. Dmondeac
8. BH1992
9. Micholob
10.DrDodge
11. Paratrepper
12. Spad3
13. Gearhead291
14. Strmvt
15. Beeblebrox82
16. Lisa (Shadowvox6's wife)
17. Squilliam

#25 ·
Meet list is looking good early on! Lets do this thing...

1. Daytrepper
2. Scooter-Man
3. MeanMugga
4. Ronbo the Barbarian
5. 98IntrepidTan
7. Dmondeac
8. BH1992
9. Micholob
10.DrDodge
11. Paratrepper
12. Spad3
13. Gearhead291
14. Strmvt
15. Beeblebrox82
16. Lisa (Shadowvox6's wife)
17. Squilliam
18. 300Maximillien
19. Michael K
20. Trepnician

#26 ·
Looks like the cost of plane tickets jumped 80 bucks for the cheapest ones compared to last year. Not sure which flight times I'll go for but I've got a couple in mind.

Any word on Delta connection flights vs regular flights? More specifically whether or not you have to go to the regular baggage claim to pick up the bags that get gate checked or whether they actually hand them to you as you walk up the ramp to get off the plane. I'd hate to have to go to the regular baggage claim and then go back through security screening again if there's only a short layover.

Here's what I've found on their website: "Passengers traveling on Delta Connection flights, and only those flights with fifty (50) seats or less, are only permitted to carry personal items on board the aircraft due to limited overhead space. Personal items must be able to fit securely under the seat in front of the passenger. All carry-on bags within Delta's size restrictions will be gate checked, free of charge, during the boarding process and returned upon deplaning. Please ensure that a pink Gate Claim/Planeside tag is securely attached to the carry-on item."

#27 ·
If you check baggage at the ticket counter, you'll get that at Baggage Claim in Raleigh.

The part you're reading about refers to larger Carry On bags. With the smaller planes they won't let you bring bigger bags directly on the plane. So they'll take it from you at the Gate and give you a claim check for it and put the bag in the cargo hold. When you get to you're destination they'll retrieve those bags and give them back to you as you get off the plane. Usually they'll be in the jetway if the plane is big enough or on a cart on the tarmac as you go down the stairs off the plane.

Just ask the gate agents about it when you're leaving your home airport.

#31 ·
Not sure MSP will be much better better than ATL. However ATL is the worlds busiest airport...not just the USA!

If MSP has better rates and times/connections then go with that.

Can't believe at those distances they're running Regional jets but who knows with Delta.

Again if you're checking baggage at the ticket counter on any of them you'll get them at baggage claim at the destination airport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.