DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes they do, my avg miles per gallon jumped from 18 to 26, next im going to change the air filter, and to be cautious the fual filter. also what kind of dry gas is safe to add to your, for the winter.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Those are some kick-ass spark plugs if they gave you more than a 50% increase in mileage! I would expect there's more to the increase than just new plugs. How did the old ones look when you took them out?

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah they sure are what type of spark plugs you use

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Sorry to be the doubter here but no spark plug will improve your mileage by 50%.
Your old plugs were probably running so bad you were just blowing half your fuel out the tailpipe and now with the new spark plugs you are getting what you are supposed to be getting.
It's not a valid comparison to replace old plugs with new plugs and let the brand of the new plugs be the one to thank.
A true test would be to install a brand new set of one brand. Drive and record mileage and/or performance. Many tanks later swap to the other brand of the same heat range. Note the new numbers. Switch back to the original plugs and if the numbers were the same as the first test compare the results and report them here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im not sure but the gap on the old spark plugs were off by about 30 thusanths I think whichh was a big deal so that might have been the case. I put platinum +4 in, and hopefully soon I will get a new air filter of some performance type.

·
Registered
149 Posts
hmmm, Platinum+4's are great plugs if your vehicle can take them... I have heard but don't know if it's true or not that Platinum+4's and cast pistons don't mix. Can anyone confirm or deny this information?

·
Registered
188 Posts
hmmm well ive heard of some that will burn holes in the top of your pistons... dunno the validity of that but it was from the ones that have the little V in the bottom part... cant remember but seen them at walmart... i put them in my old Nissan pickup and never had any probs (but only ran about 600 miles befor i sold the truck... ah well)

dh

and if anyone wants to talk reliablility... those lil nissan trucks are TOUGH! i had a 97 nissan king cab with 240k miles on it, it now is sitting last i heard at 290k and still running strong as hell, just their not the prettiest things and are a DOG in power... but hell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts