DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, just wondering what the best spark plugs are for my 3.3.

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is one of those open ended questions, your going to get a million answers. So I'll tell you what i've been told from a tech at Jocobs Electronics. The +4 plugs are useless, champion plugs are the worst on the market and autolite plugs are the best on the market.

My advice, use the plugs that your dad used in his cars ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey MxPx, where did you get that 'trep picture(in sig)? Because I was looking at it closely and think that you have used my picture from my sig.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D why yes i did use your pic :D

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Champion plugs are the worst?

See we have conflicting reports again... I have heard that Champion are one of the best if you are looking to upgrade your OEM plugs.

Autolite plugs are best in racing and high peformance applications only. There isn't a noticable difference in the two plugs in our cars (3.5L) or at least there wasn't in my car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
splitfire any good?

·
Registered
263 Posts
splitfire plugs will run too hot and can damage your injectors... how do I know this? Well, from burning the injectors on my '95 Cutlass Supreme when I owned it.

Stay away from the splitfire unless you own a V8.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I got the platnum +4's and don't really notice any difference. :|
probably go back to some straight platnum plugs to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
219 Posts
my platinum +4's work great. I noticed an difference right away. Course, I needed new plugs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have only used Bosch Platnum over the last 10 yrs and never had a problem. I have had two friends that used splitfire and had nothing but problems.....probably can't go wrong buying OEM plugs from D-C either, JMHO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts