DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed new infinity speakers in the rear deck two weeks ago. I did not do any modifications, just dropped the speakers in and attached with the wire harness that cam with the speakers. For the past few days, I have been hearing a krackling noise coming out of the speakers. Does anyone know what this can be from? I am still using the factory head unit.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
splice the wires better. my rears did this and i took the caps off and soldered them and the problem went away.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Originally posted by y2kintrepid:
I installed new infinity speakers in the rear deck two weeks ago. I did not do any modifications, just dropped the speakers in and attached with the wire harness that cam with the speakers. For the past few days, I have been hearing a krackling noise coming out of the speakers. Does anyone know what this can be from? I am still using the factory head unit.
Since you just replaced the factory speakers with new infinity speakers and still using the factory head unit, don't sounds like a blown speaker. More than likely the wiring is loose. You could get some connectors to fix this problem...........

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I really did not think I would have a problem being I was using the factory connectors with the connectors that were supplied by Cruthfield. Would it be beneficial to change the factory speaker wire? I know it would involve alot of work, but if I get better sound out of it, it would be worth it. Thanks again.

PS How do you become a Senior Member?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
post more :) then u will automatically be a senior member.

·
Registered
56 Posts
At the low currents of the factory deck/amp changing the speaker wire would be a lot of work for no gain in sound quality.

Especially if you plan to put an aftermarket amp in later, where the amp would live in the trunk and all that speaker wire run from the dash would be wasted.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Y2K, you could also check that the basket of the speakers are not getting twisted or bent... If a speaker gets mounted a little too tight it can twist and cause the speaker to buzz/pop. Make sure all screws are tightened same amount.

Hey... it could just be a defective speaker too.. yah never know :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts