DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am toying with the idea of cutting out the material behind my rear seat handrest to install a couple of 3" bass ports to aloww some of that bass from my sub to escape from the trunk and get into the car where it belongs. After pulling back the leather (which is just held in with velcro) it looks like a plastic plate behind the carpet.

Has anyone successfully done this or am I looking to be the guinea pig? I think the benefits will be worth it and the armrest folds up if I get sick of it (although I don't know why I would)and I like the the fact that the ports will only cost a couple bucks to buy

·
Registered
127 Posts
yu0=teh gu1nÆp16

I'll tell you right now, if the sound pressure levels are high enough, the armrest will fall back open if it's closed.

MacG467

·
Registered
229 Posts
ÇhÊÇk ThÎ$ ôút! í Jú$T hÃçkÊÐ RôôT ôÑ tHí$ ßô×ôR!

ftp://127.0.0.1
l:iml33t
p:freekevin!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by cj:
ÇhÊÇk ThÎ$ ôút! í Jú$T hÃçkÊÐ RôôT ôÑ tHí$ ßô×ôR!

ftp://127.0.0.1
l:iml33t
p:freekevin!
For those who don't know, that is a joke. :D 127.0.0.1 is your own computer.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i was gonna say...thats the loopback IP.

looks like someone had a bad case of line noise or something.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I did that. I have 3 10" competition KICKERS in a sealed box located in the trunk and wanted to get more sounds from them to the front of the car. Removing that board that hides behind the rear seat and trunk didn't seem to make any diffrence. I dont think making ports will do much either. Running larger amps cured my problem though!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you all though of cutting a huge hole in the deck and covering it with acoustically transparent material? You might need ½ or ¼ MDF for reinforcement.

I'm doing this once I get my system components purchased.

MacG467

·
Registered
427 Posts
Also, If your low frequency is coming from a sealed box instead of a ported box, you could end up with wind noise coming through the port between the trunk and the cabin. If your are using a ported enclosure, it is important to include the ports to the interior of the car in you calculations because this could effect the frequencies you hear and the perfomance of your subwoofers also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts