DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the base version 2000 dodge intrepid. I'm wondering what size speakers are in the doors and back dash. Also what depth? And any other information you think i might need to know for installing new speakers.

I know I seen a walk-through about puttin the back speakers in that required takin out the seats and ****. I plan on getting speaker baffles too cause to me they improve sound clarity and push by like 10% or so...

I wanna make sure I'm gettin the right sizes an shiet you know!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
doors are 6 1/2's or 6 3/4's and back deck are 6x9's

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or as in... it'll take either or... or as in your not sure? Also any word on the depth in the doors? For instance my old car took 6 1/2's but the depth of the speakers had to be smaller then normal or else the window wouldnt roll down.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Pull the grill off one of the doors, undo the three screws holding the speaker in and measure the space you have.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The door speakers are actually 6-3/4". Very few manufacturers,pioneer being one of them, make speakers in this size. Most decent aftermarket 6-1/2" will include an adaptor to make them fit in the larger hole. If not, the adaptors can be purchased seperately. I would recommend buying the 6-1/2" as the selection is much larger. Unless you have some huge speakers you shouldn't be worried about depth. I have infinity kappas which are pretty deep and they fit fine. Just be sure your center tweeter stalk (unless you get components) doesn't stick out pas the outside edge of the woofer because the grills don't allow enough clearnce for this. Mine stay on but they are partially pushed out. To make things much easier consider buying yourself wiring adaptors because splicing the stock wiring in the door can be a pain. Crutchfield has them for like $10 a pair or free if you buy speakers. IMO they're well owrth it. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts