DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to replace all the speakers in my SE without the Infinity System. I am looking at speakers on etronics in the $50-75/pair range. I just want some decent sounding speakers, nothing too fancy. I have no amp or sub.

Right now I have the 4 factory speakers hooked up to a Kenwood Head Unit. The factory speakers blew and I basically would like to upgrade them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I'd suggest componet speakers if you want to shell out some $$, Infinity and Alpine make some real nice speakers. If you go the other way I'd go with 2 or 3-way speakers. I have Treo engineering speakers in my car, sound excellent. Their RMS is 35-100 watts and have a 3ohm load to extract more power from any amp you put on them. You can check Treo Engineering for more information on these speakers. And NO you can't buy these online!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Expect to spend at least $100 or a little more unless they're on sale for GOOD speakers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
well the ones in the trepids are ok but there not like the Aftermarket ones. MB quart. Alpine, Pionner, fosgate, infinity, Polk, etc.. take your pick there ll good.

·
Registered
724 Posts
if you watch sometimes you can get infinity refecance sereies for cheap on sale, i have them and love them, not as good as kappas but pretty darn good IMO

edit: if i remember right i paid around 150ish for mine(6x9's & 5 1/4's off crutchfield, but they were on sale at the time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Since I don't have a sub, can you recommend any that have a decent amount of bass? I don't have the resources right now to add a sub and amp.

·
Registered
321 Posts
two ways speakers all ways have more thump in them then the try way or quad way speakers.

TS-161's pioneer speaks two ways have major bass in there 6X9's
let me tell you.

·
Registered
449 Posts
alpine s series = the best sounding entry level speakers ive ever heard. ive sold clarion, jl audio, kicker, mb quart, mtx, pioneer and a few others and the alpines kick all their asses!! your 6.5s will run @ $90 and the 6x9s will run @ $110. check them out. i have the 6x9s in the rear deck and the r-series components up front. by the way. they mids for the r-series have huge magnets, but they dropped into my treps doors with no problems. i couldnt believe it. i had to space them out about 2 inches to fit them into my old honda.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'd suggest giving ebay a look. I got my infinity kappa 6.5's and 6x9's there for about half price of retail, but no warranty. So that's the only bad part I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts