DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Car; 1993 Concorde with Infinity sound system.

I have a rear deck 6X9 speaker blown and for the same price Chrysler wants for one speaker, I can get a pair of aftermarket. My problem is my speakers have 4 wires feeding them - 1-pair appear to supply the tweeter and 1-pair the midrange.

So, since all aftermarket speakers use only 2 wires and the adapter cable I found also only picks up 2 of the wires from my factory harness......what do i do?

Suggestions/advice will be much appreciated!

-steve

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
moved thread to car audio/video forum.

my suggestion: ask 93Intrepid, he replaced his stock infinity 6x9s with aftermarket (also by infinity) and i assume he ran into the same problem.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW! Thought I was going blind when I couldn't find my thread! LOL! didn't know there was an "audio & video" forum.

Thanks for the suggestion, '97. I've already emailed him.

-steve

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
anything i can do to help. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
You can get wiring adapters thru crutchfield which make the whole operation "plug and play".

·
Registered
121 Posts
You mean "Plug and Pray"?:D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Carlos said:
You mean "Plug and Pray"?:D
that's only for computers with windows :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Sk8-4ever

You have the system I want, I have the same thing, except my subs are 15", but planning do downgrade to 12", how do they sound with your amp? Is it loud enough? You recommend it? Talk to me Bro!:crazy:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the Crutchfield suggestion. I just threw one of their catalogs away! I did try their website and cannot find adapter cables. The adapter cabel that i found at Circuit City only has 2 wires so don't want to use that even thought that's what the install guy said to do.

OR does anyone have their old cruddy factory speakers laying around collecting dust that you'd like to get rid of?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
79lilred said:
OR does anyone have their old cruddy factory speakers laying around collecting dust that you'd like to get rid of?
You could check around in the scrapyards for a junked trep with the Infinity stereo. You should have a decent chance of finding working factory speakers for dirt cheap.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the factory infinity 6x9s

I have my factory infinity 6x9's if you want them. last time i played them they sounded fine. Been sittin in a box in my closet. I'll sell them for $25(includes s/h). Email me if you are interested. [email protected]

·
Registered
562 Posts
Carlos said:
Hey Sk8-4ever

You have the system I want, I have the same thing, except my subs are 15", but planning do downgrade to 12", how do they sound with your amp? Is it loud enough? You recommend it? Talk to me Bro!:crazy:
give me a few more day i am still breaking in my subs :)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Sk8-4ever said:

give me a few more day i am still breaking in my subs :)
Hmm....are you one of the few people that actually let your subs break in? That's what I do too. It's alot better than what most people do (install and then crank the **** out of them).

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's me!:eek:
Should do that do, I will do it. Thanks!:(

·
Registered
562 Posts
If the manual says the subs need eight hours, they are going to get atleast some break in time. You can never go wrond following the instructions. I'll get some pics up of my stereo soon also.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jason - you have mail!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts