DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Does any 1st geners have any pics of their Systems (speakers, subs, Decks?) If u do POST THEM HERE!! we want to see them!! LSHER?? ATF? i know u guys have nice systemsAND ANYBODY ELSE, POST pics here....and if anybody has pics of their interiors POST THEM HERE!!

thanks
:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
My car was due for a photo session today, as I finaly was able to pry my buddy's digital camera from him, and the stereo is 90% there.. but now its freaking raining :mad:

Oh well maybe sunday...

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have the best system in here heheheh over 6 grand well you guys will have to wait until aug 20 gettting my other new amp and my other 2 12 subs so after that then i will take pics

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
93Intrepid... Got a quick question, I see you upgraded the speakers in the rear parcel shelf, is there any Easier way of getting the old speakers out instead of ripping the rear seat out?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
you have to rip out the back seat to get the rear deck off to replace the 6x9s....i tried everything else to do it but it doesn't work. the seat is easy to get out but it took us 3 people and 15 minutes to put it back in. also, when you do it the easiest way to get the screws out of the 6x9s is to climb in the trunk and turn them with a pair of good pliers and get the screws started. this will save much hassle and also you won't strip your screws like i did.

be careful with the wiring diagram you use too, the one i had was completely backwards.

i must say it has been worth the time and effort though. good luck.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well 97, I had mine fitted, because I tried by myself to do it and I just didnt want to wreck the back seat, So I took it to the dealer.. I hate paying people to do something what I could so myself... So thats why I asked! :) But if the backseat way is the only way which it is then I prefer to take my car to the dealer next time :) 60 bux, but peace of mind..

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
my backseat still works exceptionally well (i only use it for one thing). :D

plus the 6x9s sound sweet back there when the music is low. i get better response from my highs in those (pioneer 4 ways) than from my fronts (time to replace those i guess). the hardest part was finding screws to replace the stock ones that i wrecked. sealing the seat for the speakers wasn't that easy either....

anyway, hope your stereo sounds good.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just Popped up my grills easily, (took 30 seconds), then Replaced the speakers that way...i didnt haveta take out the seat or anything...Mine has the Infinity system...what about urs...if u go to my web page, and clikc the Mods section...clikc on the 6x9 link, then u can see what it looks like with the grill off, and the new speaker there...i will just post it here...i dont know if the non-infinity setups had the grills that can be popped up...

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: 93Intrepid ]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Taking the rear seat out isnt that big of a deal, really...

two bolts on the front of the bench part, two on the back part and not much else..

the interior c pillar pieces can come out too, but I find I dont have to do so.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
we didn't take the whole bench out on mine. all you have to do is lift the vertical part of the seat up and forward and it comes unclipped and out. then you can wiggle the rear deck out.

for the record mine was stock sound

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't have grills on my 6x9's so when I took the seat out and replaced the speakers, I put the screws and the speakers in from in the trunk so that I don't have to dink around with that damn seat.

·
Registered
502 Posts

The head unit is the Pioneer DEH-47 (1st gen model) and the speakers in the doors are the Kenwood KFC-Xr400 with the cute little dual magnets. They're the purple ones with the tweeters mounted over the cone. Very nice.

The dash holds some Infiniti Reference 3052 speakers (3.5") that are absolutely killers on highs. Love 'em to death.

And in the deck are two Kenwood 6x9s (model escapes me at the moment, but they weren't cheap). Subs in back are Kenwoods (very nice, don't knock them, they sound damn good). The Sony amp is 100x2 but the subs are in paralleled plus bridged, so it's about 150 to 200 x 2.
Enjoy! I certainly do.

Oh, and that's my neon light. Gotta get another for the driver side.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice pics ATF and veeborg....
well heres some pics of mine....

CD Player: Pioneer DEH-P47DH CD Player

Door Speakers: Cerwin-Vega 5.25's Model 5002 2ways...i really like them...

6x9: heres my favorite..these things are awesome...infinity reference 6x9 6953i 300w max

·
Registered
568 Posts
Originally posted by Wutang15m:
I have the best system in here heheheh over 6 grand well you guys will have to wait until aug 20 gettting my other new amp and my other 2 12 subs so after that then i will take pics
Thats an awfully bold statement considering the company you're in. I mean I spent $3500 but my buddy works in a shop so thats all at cost and he and I did the custom install. I have a feeling I will win on originality of design, but probably not raw power. I went for quality not quantity this time. I'll post some pics of my old shadow. Now that car had QUANTITY!!!

Buschman

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Hey Wutang15m, I have alittle over $800.00 usd in my system, and I bet it'll give your system a run for it's money..... Just B/C your system cost $6k does not mean it's better than someone that has a $300.00 system... alot has to be accounted for when making a system sound good. You paying $6k for a system, I'm sure you know exactly what all has to be accounted for...I'm not putting your system down, nor am I stating that mine is better than yours, but I have seen and heard the difference between a costly system like yours, compared to a system that was self installed and cost around $300.00 usd. And it was not much difference, infact that only difference I notice was the name brands on the speakers, amps, and the cd decks... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I havbe a grand total of about $400 in my system, including install charges (since I tend to be lazy) and bang for the buck its pretty good. All stock except for the subwoofer and amp.

I need to get some door speakers since I blew the stockers and took them out. Will probably replace them with the same style Infinity.

Oh well. If I was young again with completley disposable income I'd spend it all on stereo stuff, but since I'm not, I am aiming at quality, not quantity.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by Wutang15m:
hehehe ok listen money isn't everything for systems and well sorry to say but since i joined i have a sys that'll more than likely blow yours away, but enough gloating whats everyone hitting for db?? mines roughly in around 144-148

1 - 20 of 42 Posts