DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently receive some Best Buy gift cards and decided to buy a Speaker system for my computer. Nothing much just something with a Subwoofer. I originall just wanted a subwoofer, but decided to just go with a little system. I am looking at spending around $70. There were two that I found that I liked, one more than the other but I prefer function. Which would you guys recommend?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6676171&type=product&id=1083710906282

or

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6997912&type=product&id=1099391592574

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would go with the Logitech my friend has one like that it sounds nice and he never had any problems with it just my .02

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I have Altec Lansing and they sound pretty good. $40 from Staples.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I'd go listen to them at the store and buy the one that sounds best. Every brand makes some crappy sounding ones and some great sounding ones. It's too hard to say which is the best between those two just by brand names alone.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
smc1377 said:
I'd go listen to them at the store and buy the one that sounds best. Every brand makes some crappy sounding ones and some great sounding ones. It's too hard to say which is the best between those two just by brand names alone.
Yeah, but the thing with that is the accoustics at the store are going to be way different than the accoustics at your home. One may sound better at the store, but if you listened to them both at home, the one that sounded better at the store may not sound better at home.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Does your PC/sound card have an optical (SP-DIF) audio output connector?

If so, then look for speaker systems that can use that for their hookup.

With the optical you'll get cleaner sound, true 5.1 or even 7.1 sound, and the one optical cable (instead of 3-4-5 cables) really cleans up the back of the desk.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Even though I LOVE Logitech everything, for speakers, I personally would have to go with Altec Lansing, just because all they do is computer speakers.

Here's my set:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I dunno.........I go for the Creative soundcards, but that's about it :p

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Avenger said:
Even though I LOVE Logitech everything, for speakers, I personally would have to go with Altec Lansing, just because all they do is computer speakers.
Actually, in the "Good Old Days" Altec Lansing was a premium speaker manufacturer for home stereo and it's too bad they've dropped out of that marketplace. Today the only time you see their name is on computer speaker systems but you probably hear their speakers more often than you realize ...

http://www.altecmm.com/company_history.asp?region=northam

:)

·
Registered
684 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts