DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, let me say that I am new to DI.net and apriciate the research that you guys do to upgrade our already outstanding vehicles.

I think, however, that the quantity of hair splitting over the intake / k&n debacle is somewhat counterproductive.

A well established design principle insists that only a system without bottlenecks will properly scale positivley. It therefor makes little diference how MUCH the bottleneck is widened (pun intended), in so far as the maximum requirement of the next component of the system is met.

In that spirit, I would suggest that both the venerable hand-made L-Intake and expensive but sexy K&N aircharger meet those requirements, even if their perifrial advantages / disadvantages are varied.

Speaking of bottlenecks, I'm not at all disapointed in my meager 2.7L, in fact quite the contrary. SO; how about some ideas on suspension!? Has anyone tried the engine mount spacers suggested? Personally, I think its worth looking into for 25% stiffer springs.

And perhaps a new idea... with a slight tip of the hat to the R/T drivers, one of the first mods I had looked into was ordering what mopar calls the "firm feel" shocks specified for the R/T itself and installing them on the SE. Can anyone think of a reason this would not work / would not be purposefull?

Thanks guys

(Signature under construction)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Welcome to the board! I work for a company located near Roanke. We'll have to get together next time I'm down that way. I don't think there would be any problems using the R/T shocks unless they mount differently.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I work for Carilion's IS dept... do we have offices in your town?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I don't think so. I work for the West Virginia branch of Gala Industries located in Eagle Rock, VA.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We're a healthcare corporation with a bunch of hospitals that bears a striking resemblance to the Borg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts