DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Special Mirrors on a 04 SE?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sparky99 
#1 ·
I have a set of silver Special Mirrors to install on my Intrepid SE
question I have is this? I also have a set of Special front door harnesses, will these be plug and play with the body harness connector? I understand that I may still need to run the turn signal wires, but that's not an issue. I just need to know if my special harnesses will plug into the body harness in the door jam.

#2 ·
I dont think the Intrepids have the same wiring setup as the M's do, from door to body. So those wires will lead to nowhere unless you put wires in yourself from the body.

What I did with my mirrors was kept the wiring intact, and used spade terminals (male/female) and spliced in through the door

I dont know what everyone elses opinion is about that but...95% sure that's how it is.

#3 ·
What year is your Intrepid. The door wiring harnesses you have will only fit 2002-2004 cars. If you have an Intrepid that's 2001 or earlier the connectors are different.

You'll also have to run wires from the doors into the car for the turn signals on each side.

#4 ·
What year is your Intrepid. The door wiring harnesses you have will only fit 2002-2004 cars. If you have an Intrepid that's 2001 or earlier the connectors are different.

You'll also have to run wires from the doors into the car for the turn signals on each side.
The car is a 2004
I'm hoping the connectors will work, Its kind of a pain having the 3 pin connectors at the mirrors right now. I just want to make sure before I start to tackle the project.

I do understand that I will have to run the wiring for the auto dim feature and the turn signal. that isn't a problem for me. Heck, I've done it before on my old 300m.

#5 ·
Door frame connectors are the same for 2002 Special door wiring and 2002-2004 Intrepids.

The Door mirror dimming gets it's control from the inside rear view auto dim mirror. An SE won't have that but one can be added along with the appropriate A pillar wiring harness. You could also add and OTIS/EVIC with that A pillar harness along with lighted vanity mirrors. Just strip the appropriate overhead wiring harness from any LH cars that had those features.

#6 ·
I was able to get the auto dimming working on my 300m. I had to run the wiring from the mirror to the rear view mirror, so that will not be a problem. I have the otis out of the 300m as well. I also took out the sunvisors (lighted) out of the 300m as well. It will all get hooked up eventually. First up, getting the special mirrors on. As long as the harness will hook up, it shouldn't be too bad to run the wiring through the door jam and get the mirror and turn signals working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.