DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up my R/T today with the fresh 300M Special struts and springs installed along with the new poly isolators. I have a question for all the folks who already have installed the Special springs and struts. Did the car sit high after they were first installed? Right now mine is sitting higher than it was before. Granted the interior is still out (from chasing the water leak), but it didn’t seem to raise the car up that much with the old springs still in it.

-Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
New springs usually take anywhere from 12 - 72 hrs to settle from my experience. I've yet to change the suspension on my '99 LHS though so I don't have a lot of experience with the LH platform directly.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I reeeeally want some of those poly isolators and to redo my struts with the 300M specials. I have Intrax 1.8" drop springs now so I just need the struts. Do you think it would ride better because those struts are made for lower springs...plus the poly iso instead of the stock foam...which I can confirm visually that they are near crushed. Update us with some ride info and PIX

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys, not much of an update yet. I was working on a leak in the interior around the same time the suspension went it. The car hasn’t gone anywhere since I drove it home from the shop on the 26th. It doesn’t look like it’s settled any since I brought it home. But since the suspension hasn’t cycled much I didn’t expect it to.

In the plus column I think the leak is fixed. It was dry after a heavy storm last weekend. While the interior is out I ran the satellite radio antenna cord where it won’t be in the way, and I still need to connect the one line from my 300M seats to the BCM. I’ve been putting that off for too many years now. I’ve replaced the jute padding that was destroyed on the passenger side from the leak and added some sound deadener to the foot wells and to the rear wheel tubs. I’m hoping to put the rest of the interior back together on Friday so I can drive the car to work next week.

When I drove it home from the shop the ride was much firmer than before and there was less lean in the turns. I didn’t push it since I was in traffic in the rain, but I could feel an improvement. For now I’ve been driving out ’87 Daytona Pacifica with the full suspension and drivetrain from an ’89 Shelby Daytona. It will be interesting to compare the handling of the two once the Intrepid is back to daily driver status.

-Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.