DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Gauges cluster has been working intermitently ever since I took it out to change a bulb. I thought there was just dust in the connections as I could push lightly on the cluster and they would start working again. I took the cluster out and blew out all the dust and reseated the gauges. The next time I go to drive it it did the same thing. Is there a way to test to see if it is the whole cluster out or if it is a wiring problem. Only thing on the cluster that does anything is my brake light and oil light come on with the key. Help Please...Start a new job in 3 days and need to be able to know what speed I am going. It drives normal but too easy to fly in this compared to my other vehicle...off road Rocky...lol

Joseph

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked fuses already. Both in car and under hood. Does anyone know a way to test the gauge cluster or wiring to the cluster as far as using a voltage tester?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any other ideas or how to test. Hate to spend money for the cluster if it's not bad.

Joseph

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled the BCM to make sure all the connections were good and tight and after they were I went ahead and bought a speedo cluster. For any one else having the same problem...that fixed it for me. I guess one of the connectors shorted out ro something inside the cluster itself....

Joseph

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mine used to do the same ****, then i started punching the gauge cluster lightly when the gauges failed and it seemed to fix everything... Later i took the whole dash apart for some other reason and when i put it back together, i never experienced another issue with the cluster dieing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts