DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know speedometer has nothing to do with top speed, but I've got a Canadian Intrepid and instead of the regular 200km/h or 120mph normal speedo mine goes to 240km/h and 140mph?

I've noticed in some pictures of fellow board members cars that its 120mph on all of them. Just wondering if in the states you guys had two different speedos on them.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Even though all cars were built in Canada, I believe all American cars have 120mph speed while we have 140mph

·
Registered
587 Posts
I believe our cars top out at a higher speed than the U.S. cars as well. The poor U.S. guys got the **** end of the stick as far as governors go, but then again, ours is not THAT much higher...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
From what I've heard, only 93-94 intrepids don't have speed restrictors.

I don't think it's only the Americans, because the Car&Driver or some other magazine I have has the top speed at 140mph for the 3.5L 94 intrepid.

I think restricted speed is 119mph

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the restricted speed is 113 mph.

only some 97 Sports had ungoverned PCMs. these vehicles came stock with Michelin tires vs goodyear and have extra-stiff suspension.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
the restricted speed is 113 mph.

only some 97 Sports had ungoverned PCMs. these vehicles came stock with Michelin tires vs goodyear and have extra-stiff suspension.

my 96' ES goes into the 120's without stopping , also have the Michelin tires. I heard from Chrysler that if your INtrepid came with the Mich. tires you had no speed limiter and the sittfer suspension

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well yeah, on Allpar they say that the "Performance and Handling Group" option gets you better tires and suspension (I have it) and a 0-60mph of 8.3seconds as opposed to 8.7seconds.

Here's the link:

http://www.allpar.com/model/intrepid.html

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
get an aftermarket performance chip

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I get 118 outta mine before the govenor sapps too much power from the front wheels

1 - 10 of 10 Posts