DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
new camera?? your gonna be picture happy !!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Lookin' good :bigok:

·
Registered
668 Posts
wow those wheels look great, i mean the whole car does really. but i really want some black 20's on mine, so those really draw me in! also nice photography, good thing no one came speeding down that road when you were sideways!

·
Registered
244 Posts
not to crap on your parade, but it looks like you have some pretty bad dings/scratches in your hood. lenses look a little hazy as well. you might want to think about doing some polishing followed by a durable carnuba wax.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EFFENDI said:
not to crap on your parade, but it looks like you have some pretty bad dings/scratches in your hood. lenses look a little hazy as well. you might want to think about doing some polishing followed by a durable carnuba wax.
thanks, I had no idea I had rock chips on the hood. The bad part is when you wax the hood, the wax gets in the chips and they turn white, making them stand out more.they will be gone when my car gets painted towards the end of the year, while I'm in iraq. The lenses were done about a month ago, and they are clear as new. You can tell in
The pics , the ones where they look hazy is just the glare of the sun off the freshly waxed lenses.

Thanks for the advice though .

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a 2 lane road that leads to an entrance/exit gate here on the army base. It was closed and gated off at the time so I wasn't worries about traffic

·
Registered
244 Posts
speepdaedeesi said:
thanks, I had no idea I had rock chips on the hood. The bad part is when you wax the hood, the wax gets in the chips and they turn white, making them stand out more.they will be gone when my car gets painted towards the end of the year, while I'm in iraq. The lenses were done about a month ago, and they are clear as new. You can tell in
The pics , the ones where they look hazy is just the glare of the sun off the freshly waxed lenses.

Thanks for the advice though .

You should use a plastic polish like Meguiars Plast-X on the lenses. They shouldn't look hazy like that even if they are waxed. The glare would be clear if there wasn't still a haze from fine scratches or dried-on wax.

You can fill fine scratches with scratch compound, they won't end up white. Anything much bigger than a fingernail width will need to be re-cleared/painted. To combat road rash/rock chips, use one of those new spray-on clear hood liners from Dupli-Color.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts