DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for cehasgr. You said installing the spoiler was a pain in the butt. Why? On a scale of 1-5, 5 being worst, how would you rate the unit?

Does that particular model come with all the mounting hardware you need?

I want the same one for my R/T and I am trying to decide if I should just spend the $279.00 from the Dodge dealer.

Thanks!! :cool:

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: MoparHead ]

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: MoparHead ]

·
Registered
111 Posts
First off, the bolts they provided were too short which I did not discover until after I drilled the holes (#$%&). You have to pull part of that carpet liner off to get to the bolts. No big deal since you can just re-attach those plastic screws that hold the carpet liner on. There is a template thing that you can use to drill the holes. I guess I was a little off because I was only able to attach three of the screws (not four). The spoiler is on good enough anyway, there is a kind of adhesive on the bottom of the spoiler that helps to hold it on. Just make sure you apply some paint to the bare metal where you drilled. There were no instructions with the spoiler which provoked some good language from me. You have to go into the website (www.thespoilerfactory.com) to get the instructions. All in all, it was an OK ordeal I guess, considering I am not really mechanically inclined anyway. The spoiler looks just like the factory one, but costs only $200 (painted), not too bad a price actually. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry, I forgot you wanted it on scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the most difficult. i would give it a 3, since I am not really a mechanical person. Plus it might help to have a friend help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts