DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering when I look up blue book for my 97 Sport they list the base and the ES, Where do I fit in? Is it a ES or is it mid way between? My dads got a 97 ES and his has no autostick, but it has the arm rest and cup holders in the rear, other than that I havenot noticed a difference between the two. Yeah I know it is a sad day when you have the same kinda car as your dad :( (even the same candy apple red, but he's got tan intertior and I have gray), but at least its a cool car to share. :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a 95 base gold intrepid. My dad has a 94 base gold intrepid. My sister has a 98 intrepid. Not so weird to me! I would guess your intrepid would be considered an ES.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Its hard to tell where the sport fits under ES or base when booking them out. In my opinion the sport option was kind of a joke. There are 3 I've seen in town, and 2 of them dont have the foglights, spoiler, or the 3.5. Its just like a base with "SPORT" emblems on the side. The third sport I've seen has to be one of the nicest I've ever seen. It is a black 97 with leather, 3.5, autostick, moonroof, spoiler, etc etc and not a scratch on the whole car.

What i'd do is just book it out under a base and an ES and just figure something in the middle.

~JGarrett98

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i have a sport and my dealership classifies the body style as ES. i don't know what the deal is with no foglights, 3.5, etc, all the sports i've EVER seen have these options. the only thing mine doesn't have is a spoiler because i think the look is a little ghetto.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Those special packages are very misleading. Friend has a first gen sport, and it has no options at all on it. I stopped at the dealer last night and looked at an ES motorsport trep. It was the base car inside with ES cosmetic changes on the outside. There was no leather, no auto climate, everything you would normally find in an ES. It just had the ES badge, fog lights and muffler (and engine of course, at least I hope) MSRP of $25000. Interesting....

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: grimmster ]

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
You can actually get an ES with a 2.7L (if you look on the window sticker, you get an engine delete credit from the 3.5L...it's like $600 bucks or so you get off the price.)

Just curious...does anyone have a 2.7L ES?

I'm talking 2nd Gen here, by the way...

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
in the 2nd gens, what is the difference between SE and ES? a few grand?

·
Registered
263 Posts
The SPORT was only released in 1997. It was a mid-model between the regular Intrepid and the ES, whereas the ES had all the 'luxury' options on it, and the Intrepid had mostly 'base' options. It also introduced the Autostick, and the TB is a little bit different than the regular Intrepid/ES (it doesn't have a limiter on it).

ALL of the SPORT treps I have seen have the fog lights in the front fascia. I test drove a blue sport and my stone white 3.5L when I initially went to look.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
One other thing I heard all the 1st gen. "Sport" Intrepids have is a rear sway bar, among other suspension differences.

I may be wrong, but I always thought the "Sport" was mainly something to indicate a beefier suspension.

Anyone have some facts on that to back me up or prove me wrong?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts