DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From InsideLine.com:

New look and new engine for 2007 Chrysler Pacifica

More power and a revised design, they're two of the oldest tricks in the book when an aging model needs a shot in the arm to stay competitive. The 2007 Chrysler Pacifica looks as though it's getting both, along with an important new safety feature for its midcycle refresh.

Design changes have been kept to a minimum. Our spy shooters managed to catch numerous prototypes in various levels of trim, but they all had a similar look. Up front the new headlights are pretty obvious. They're not any bigger than the previous versions, but a slightly different shape makes the whole front end look different. A revised air intake also alters the look of the front end as it stretches wider across the front fascia and no longer intrudes on the painted surface area.

An even more subtle touch is the new hood which uses strakes similar to those on the Chrysler Crossfire sports car. Our recent spy shots of the 2007 Chrysler Sebring show a similar design so it looks as though Chrysler may be adding it to its entire lineup. Since each Pacifica prototype looked to have a different set of wheels, we're not quite sure if the profile will look any different.

Not much changes in back although the rear view does indicate a few of the upgrades to expect. A prominent "4.0" badge combined with dual exhaust indicates more power will be on tap. Most likely an enlarged version of the current 3.5-liter engine, the 4.0-liter V6 should have at least 260 horsepower and an equivalent amount of torque. Combined with a new six-speed automatic, the new engine should make the heavy Pacifica a little lighter on its feet than current versions.

Another new feature visible on the prototype is a rearview backup camera. With its huge C-pillars, the Pacifica has never been easy to see out of, and when you're trying to sell to families it's a serious obstacle. Packaged with an improved navigation system, the rearview camera will make the Pacifica much better equipped to compete against new crossovers like the Mazda CX-9 and Ford Edge.

Look for the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica to be in dealers by the end of this year.

The Pacifica's new hood design will be a theme carried across the entire lineup

With its dual exhausts and "4.0" badging, this Pacifica should offer considerably more power than the current 3.5-liter V6.

New headlights and revised air intake give this Pacifica a slightly different look up front compared to the current model.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Hmm... that would definitely make me consider a Pacifica as my next vehicle.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
No.......I don't think it looks like a minivan at all......you ever seen this thing next to a minivan? No comparison. For some reason the Pacifica looks wide and low compared to a minivan......even though the proportions may be much more similar than they appear.

I don't like the new design Chrysler headlights.......ugly IMO.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Comming from a current '05 Pac owner:
New engine: Its about time! The 3.5 and 3.8 just lacked the punch for this heavy wagon. I hope the new 4.0 does the trick.
Crossfire Hood: I dont like it. And it will be a pain to wax that hood.
New Headlights: I dont like it. It looks like it belongs to a Kia or Daewoo.
New front bumper/grille: I'm not a chrome fan.
Front under-bumper fascia: Too generic. The first one had more character.

I am interested to see if they have any updates on the interior as well.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Avenger said:
No.......I don't think it looks like a minivan at all......you ever seen this thing next to a minivan? No comparison. For some reason the Pacifica looks wide and low compared to a minivan......even though the proportions may be much more similar than they appear.

I don't like the new design Chrysler headlights.......ugly IMO.
I actually saw one parked next to a voyager today and noticed that it was just a few inches lower. I the the Pacifica's are a nice vehicle, especially the interior.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Avenger said:
No.......I don't think it looks like a minivan at all......you ever seen this thing next to a minivan?
Being built at the Windsor Assembly Plant (where the also build their minivans), yeah, I've seen the two next to each other.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Yawn.

Not really that much of a change.

the mini van for those in denial of the fact they are driving a mini van (except this one costs ALOT more).

cheers

BJ

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I wouldn't mind owning a Pacifica, I think it's a neat vehicle.....but I'd prefer the old style anyhow.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
DesertCruiser said:
Comming from a current '05 Pac owner:
New engine: Its about time! The 3.5 and 3.8 just lacked the punch for this heavy wagon. I hope the new 4.0 does the trick.
Crossfire Hood: I dont like it. And it will be a pain to wax that hood.
New Headlights: I dont like it. It looks like it belongs to a Kia or Daewoo.
New front bumper/grille: I'm not a chrome fan.
Front under-bumper fascia: Too generic. The first one had more character.

I am interested to see if they have any updates on the interior as well.
It certainly wasn't the engine lacking in power, you were lacking in transmission. How fast can 2nd gear go to? 80mph?

What is with chrysler and the decreasing content over time? First the pacifica had HID projector lows/reflector highs, then reflector and high, now fracking dual beams!
First 17" are too small, then 19" (skinny tires too) are too big, 255/55 18 and be done with it.

Reverse evolution sucks, things should get better over time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts