DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Autoblog:

Spy Shots: Cover lifted on 2011 Dodge Charger

We've seen plenty of spy shots showing heavily cloaked prototypes of the 2011 Dodge Charger before, but our spy photographers just found the holy grail. Who knows how it happened, but the cover on this Charger prototype (we're guessing it's an R/T model) got flipped back to reveal the redesigned sedan's new snout for the first time and our spies snapped the hell out of it.

The Charger's new look will apparently be an evolution more than a revolution, with the current sedan's squared off front end and angry expression receiving several tweaks. The grille, for instance, appears slightly taller and juts out farther creating a schnoz not unlike what you'll find on the front end of a Mitsubishi Lancer (not a fan of the faux chrome, though). The Charger's headlights always made the car look pissed off, but the new model appears to be in an even worse mood with a more aggressive scowl. The hood is definitely more chiseled as well, with what appears to be two recesses stamped in on either side of a center spine. Finally, the lower bumper receives new fog lamps and a larger lower air intake.

There were rumors that Dodge passenger vehicles would soon be sporting new badges that ditched the horned ram, in light of Ram trucks being spun off as its own brand. This prototype, however, is wearing a traditional Dodge badge with the hooved mammal's head in relief like always. That doesn't mean the brand couldn't swap out badges at the last minute, but if that's their plan, there's no evidence here.

·
Registered
760 Posts
1 thing,GRRR!
the car looks like it after you! time to kill ricers!

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,628 Posts
Would like a blacked out grill better, but that thing looks mean!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Bah

Sorry, it's still ugly, and I'm a Mopar fan. I can actually afford a new car, but Chrysler is not making anything I like the looks of right now other than the Challenger, and my current lifestyle makes a two door inconvenient. That's one reason I'm still driving Intrepids after nearly eleven years - Chrysler hasn't made anything as good looking since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
charger is 4door
Shall we dissect the rest of his post?? hehe.

I think the new nose looks badass, but way out of my league right now.

I/we have a '96 Intrepid due to the times (and i am learning more about them and love it..It does have the 3.5) and a '69 Valiant.

Yes. We are MoPar strong!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I I would even stoop to getting it with the 2.7!
That likely won't be an option as the pentastar will be replaceing all older chrysler V6s in new models. Personally I think it's a signifigant improvement performance/efficency wise over the 2.7 and even 3.5, but it's a new design so only time will tell how reliable it is. Although I couldn't imagine it being much worse than the early 2.7s. Currently the 2.7 usually only finds itself in fleet chargers anyway most on dealer lots have the 3.5 or hemi.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts