DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I would go about converting to hids? Is there modification involved, anyone have any experience, maybe weblinks? I'm looking for I believe a 6000k kit any advice or maybe local help. Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
All kits you purchase are Plug and Play... your low beam bulb is H1 (I have the same lights) Kits come with bulbs & ballasts. Don't need a relay or canceler. all you do is remove your bulb and install the xenon (HID) one then connect the ballast (just plugs into OEM plugs)

Tons of vendors on EBay but remember you get for what you pay.. Or you can go to any local performance shop and they can get them. Lumens appears to be a good name...

just do a google search for HID and make sure your looking at H1's and not 9006

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All kits you purchase are Plug and Play... your low beam bulb is H1 (I have the same lights) Kits come with bulbs & ballasts. Don't need a relay or canceler. all you do is remove your bulb and install the xenon (HID) one then connect the ballast (just plugs into OEM plugs)

Tons of vendors on EBay but remember you get for what you pay.. Or you can go to any local performance shop and they can get them. Lumens appears to be a good name...

just do a google search for HID and make sure your looking at H1's and not 9006
Great thanks for the help, I just didn't want to order the wrong kit. And your saying everything is plug and play so install should be fairly easy. Correct? What bulbs do you run in your car?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Currently I have the bulbs that came with the spyder lights.. H1 halogens for low's and you just swap the 9005's from your OEM lights into the Sypders for highs.. but I'm going to be converting to HID's soon going with H1 5000 or 6000k 35w.

yeah connection is easy ballasts plug into OEM harness then HID bulbs plug into ballasts then zip tie the ballast out of the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts