DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 3.5. I have a squeak on the front driver side, coming from the wheel. It is a metallic squeak. As I speed up the squeak speeds up till I start going fast enough the ambient noise conceals the squeaking noise. I installed new rotors and pads in the front. An interesting thing I notices was that the driver side brake pad (the side which is squeaking) was down to the rivets where as the passenger side had about 25% left on it.

Putting in the new rotor and brake pad did not help! I read thought other posts, I do not have the thin metal sheet (dust cover or what ever it is) so that is not rubbing against the rotor.

Any suggestions?
Any one know what it is?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
well your caliper could be on its way out causing the higher pad comsumption. Did you apply anything to the back of the pad(metal side NOT pad material) when you installed them. If not go to the parts store and get some disc brake quiet. Comes in spray or liquid and apply liberally to the back of the pad, where it contacts the caliper and you should be noise free.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mass04 said:
well your caliper could be on its way out causing the higher pad comsumption. Did you apply anything to the back of the pad(metal side NOT pad material) when you installed them. If not go to the parts store and get some disc brake quiet. Comes in spray or liquid and apply liberally to the back of the pad, where it contacts the caliper and you should be noise free.
Yes i bought disc brake quite spray, infact the most expensive one!!

Applied Very liberally... squeaking still there!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chevyjr73 said:
only other thing i can think of if it is not in the brakes is a wheel bearing that is going bad.
Well, does a bearing going bad make such a rethmic nosie??(could time a watch of it)
and Does a bearing squeak?? bearings normally rumble, and from what i have heard normally give feedback to the steering wheel.

·
Registered
166 Posts
best thing you can do to isolate the source of the noise is jack up the front of the car and spin the wheel with the brake caliper on then remove the caliper and pads and spin the wheel again. that should break down where the sound is coming from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.