DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i accelerate hard or get hight RPMs (in autostick) a loud sharp quick squeal will be heard from what i think is the transmission. it used to do it only when in autostick but now in drive too. also it did it when i reved the engine in neutral once. thats the best i think i can describe it. any ideas?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
definately sounds like a belt.

·
9,861 Posts
There are only 2. Might as well replace them both. But I would place my bets on the A/C belt. You have to take off the serp belt to get to it, so like I said, you might as well replace both.

Ever heard a crapply maintained car on a cold morning? You know, the ones that make the squeeling noise when they first take off. Is that the same noise? If so, then its a belt. Thats the sound of a belt sliping.

If you're cheap, you could try taking off the A/C belt, and drive around like that. See if the noise goes away.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have the same problem. When I accelerate hard, and it shifts out of 1st, I hear a quick squeal. I recently had new belts put on, so I'm thinking the AC belt may be a tad loose. Nothing that would cause any problems. I guess I'm too lazy to fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts