DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Guinness Record

Ok, just a branch off the SRT-10 discussion we had the other day, I came across this link. Broke Ford's record by over 10km/h (6mph)

For those of you who don't speak metric, the new speed record converts to 154.25mph (I'm billingual)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Canadian website.........hmmmmmm, wonder where they tested it???

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
just to let you guys know, the Banks sidewinder dakota is the fastest truck, it did over 217 mph with a cummins diesel, and it was driven there with a trailer behind it, but it didnt drive home cuz they broke the ujoint at the rear end from the over 1300 lb-ft of torque

·
Registered
299 Posts
Avenger said:
Canadian website.........hmmmmmm, wonder where they tested it???
They used a "flying kilometer" section on the 4.71-mile oval at the DaimlerChrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea, Michigan. They average the speed of passes in each direction. Jayski has some more details, if interested.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I wonder how many runs to Home Depot you could make in a hour with that thing? :devil:

irishred said:
just to let you guys know, the Banks sidewinder dakota is the fastest truck, it did over 217 mph with a cummins diesel, and it was driven there with a trailer behind it, but it didnt drive home cuz they broke the ujoint at the rear end from the over 1300 lb-ft of torque
I think this record is for the fastest run by a stock, production truck. The Banks Sidewinder is far from a factory Dakota. Still, a diesel pickup that can go that fast is not to be messed with. :biggrin: :crazy:

·
Registered
411 Posts
go srt-10
or something like that, it is a badass truck, although not quite in a price range i can imagine

oh yea and
"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only perscription is more cow bell" is one of the best quotes ever stock04

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lifeizkrazie said:
go srt-10
or something like that, it is a badass truck, although not quite in a price range i can imagine

oh yea and
"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only perscription is more cow bell" is one of the best quotes ever stock04
I have the video on my computer and it makes me laugh every time. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen it in a couple of days, I think I'll watch it now.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
/me runs out to his Intrepid R/T and tries to beat the truck speed record :D

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
120 more horsepower and 50 more pounds of torque, a manual, which has less parasitic loss than an auto and it only manages to eek out 6mph more of top end?

Not only that, but in other performance categories it barely beats the Lightning as well.

And the Dodge costs at least $10,000 more?

I'll pass.

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah, it is hard to believe that the record was broken by only 6 mph. Maybe they were sand bagging. Who knows?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Plus, the SRT-10 weighs over 5000lbs. I have no idea where all that weight is coming from, but I'm certain that the Lightning weighs considerably less. I still want an SRT-10, but I can't see myself buying one.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The SRT-10 is a BIG truck compared to a Lightning

·
Registered
149 Posts
True, the SRT-10 is a big truck and thus will be slowed by it's size and weight compared to the Lightning. The diesel Dakota was mentioned, but if Dodge crammed that Viper V-10 in the Dakota then we'd have one quick machine... just think of the power to weight ratios on the two (Ram vs. Dakota) :)

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
I'd like to see the V-10 in a dakota, but some people have fit the crate v10 with 450 hp in the dakotas already, but there is only a couple of those, but that 500 hp version would be real nice

·
Registered
149 Posts
well... you've got the Dakota, now just find, buy, and put in the V-10 (the new 505) ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thats still fast as **** fo a big square box..... plus the SRT-10 is 10000x cooler than any lightning for sure! mmmm SRT-10...:p :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
irishred said:
anybody want to donate the $14000 for it? private message me and i will give you the account number to transfer funds...
$14,000 American or Canadian?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts