Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out the H.P on the 2004 model .SRT-4 :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why the %uck didnt DC do this to the LH cars??

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
That is the most sexy thing I've ever seen.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
oh.. my god.

that has gotta HAUL!

·
Registered
689 Posts
They're either blasphemous hos (I hope I got the plural of "ho" right) or genii (again, hope I got the plural of genious right) for lying to us. Still, can't help but wonder if the PT turbo gets the same kind of power (probably not, I imagine)

·
Registered
339 Posts
A friend of mine works for chrysler and the only thing faster than the SRT4 would be the Viper.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Blah.

Impressive, but too bad it was done on a Dynojet. A Mustang Dyno (it's a brand, not the car) provides better real world results.

I'd like to see the corrected numbers of those runs, I bet they would be close to 10% less than those graphs show.

Still, very impressive.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
lol my best freind drives a 91 mustang drop top, fast as **** man i love it, he challenged the guy with the yellow neon at the TACO BELL we were at, and we hoped on the highway and took off, i swear to you that when they went under that brige (it means to race after you pass the bridge) he ate his ass up for breakfast, didnt even give him a chance, wow. then they did a take off from 0, i swear he got chewed up like no other, i felt sorry to ride in that stang, man i found out later that it was a SRT-4 and now i wanna get a neon (cant belive i just said that)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Because the Neon is the ricers favorite Dodge... there is one in my neighborhood yellow with blue racing stripes and a sticker on the back window that says Brat or some **** like that

If they did this to a cool car like the Stratus Coupe I might want one but no way no how would I ever buy a crappy Neon

And forget about LH cars they are history... I'd like to see them build that Charger concept... that is a beautiful car

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was walking into walmart the other day and a bright blue car caught my eye, i thouth it was a wrx but then i saw the headlights, i was at a large distance. When i left the store it was just leaving it came across the whole parking lot and what was it an srt 4, some fat guy was driving it, in his like 30 or 40's. Looked nice, i used to want one but the fact its a neon yeah was a turn off. I wanted to get behind him and race him but i got stuck at a light.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
alderran said:

If they did this to a cool car like the Stratus Coupe I might want one but no way no how would I ever buy a crappy Neon

And forget about LH cars they are history... I'd like to see them build that Charger concept... that is a beautiful car
I once had the opportunity to drive an SRT-4 and I do have to say that the thing put me in the back of my seat like it was its job and it was begging for more, but I have to totally agree with alderran on this one. I would never buy a neon, SRT-4 neon or otherwise. I would have loved it if they came out with the SRT as the status coupe as well. I think that is where they were going with the charger concept. it looked like a stratus and a viper got together and had an offspring. I guess they released the SRT-4 neon to try to get a little chunk, to jump on the band wagon if you will, of the small car - import looking - upgradable to a lot of HP craze that is going on. I say F' that and bring on the Charger!!!!!

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
The Neon may not be the most "gotta have" car around... (trust me, I've got one). But Dodge followed the muscle mantra to a tee. Make an affordable go fast car based on their economy platform. A Stratus making the same numbers would go for ALOT more simply based on their base price.

I think they should make an SRT-4 without all the tack-on plastic crap. THAT would be the sleeper from hell. Hell, my Neon looks like it can't get out of its own way (and it can't)...imagine getting your doors blown off by that? ;)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Ahhhhh man....

When its time for my GF to replace her Hyndai... i GOTTA talk her into buying one of these SRT-4s as a replacement. She drives a manual... so I don't see the problem here.

The only problem is... she said she sat in the Neon... and she didnt like the fact that the dash is very high. She is one of those drivers that sits and leans WAY the **** back while she drives... like the seat almost flat down.

Oh well.... im gonna have to work on her about this. Maybe if I offer to help her on the payments she will give in. I know for a fact I wont get my bright yellow color though. She definitely wouldnt go for that. Maybe a nice white or black or blue. :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Too bad, I want a convertible for my fun driver.

Something like S2000 or Saab 9-3 turbo

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
CEHE4KA said:
Too bad, I want a convertible for my fun driver.

Something like S2000 or Saab 9-3 turbo
I'd love to have a convertible too... but both of those cars will run at least 10k more than the Neon. :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
You can get a 9-3 used for 13kish.

Saabs have a **** resale value.

As nice as that Neon looks, it's still a "value engineered" car. As in there are all these little things that they save money on which piss me off endlessly. I love climate control, I love leather seats, neither is an option in a Neon. And non power rear windows?

Oh well I suppose for me it'll never be an option anyway, myself being 6'6" and all...I hardly fit in an Acura RSX. I'm not be able to drive it and feel comfortable. (But damn I love the concorde, I can sit as comfortably as I want AND have people sitting comfortably in the back)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts