DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I was browsing craigslist and saw a set of Lowenhart LSR wheels, they are 20x9 front and 20x10 rear bolt pattern is 5x114.3. I know it's the same bolt pattern but are they too wide that they will stick out?
Thnx,
Lupe

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
No.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hello everybody,
I was browsing craigslist and saw a set of Lowenhart LSR wheels, they are 20x9 front and 20x10 rear bolt pattern is 5x114.3. I know it's the same bolt pattern but are they too wide that they will stick out?
Thnx,
Lupe
The widest you can go is a 9" wide wheel.

I once ran a 20x9.5" rim with 25+ offset and I had very bad issues with the wheels hitting the front fenders, and rubbing the inner rear fenders.

the widest tire you can run on the car is 255mm, depending on the offset of the wheel.

For example, members of this forum like to use Chrysler LX wheels (in my case 18" Charger R/T rims). These are 18x8" with a 20 or 25+mm offset, and with the proper tire there are no clearance issues with rubbing.

I do not have any say over the SRT 20" as I believe they are 9" wide but some members have them.

Do the right thing and get 18" or 19" wheels. 20's are overplayed these days. Your acceleration, cushy ride and gas mileage will suffer miserably thanks to having to run a 245/35/20 tire. I know. And if your car is riding with stock height, anything 20" and over looks downright awful (my car was lowered).

Lastly, when buying a set of wheels, make sure that the hub size is correct. These car have a 71.5mm diameter. Most other cars have a diameter smaller than this. for example, ford wheels are 70.5mm, GM cars I believe are the same as Chrysler. These cars are also hub-centric, so the wheels will need to basically need to sit on the hub perfectly.

Nothing is worse than picking up a cheap set of rims only to find out they don't fit.

I hope this gives you enough information to proceed with your project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts