DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this installed? Here's an example to what I'm referring to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-CHROME-PILLARS-FOR-CHRYSLER-300M-1999-2003-SALE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQitemZ8066940728QQrdZ1

The reason why I'd like to put it on my wife's 300m is that hers look really weird, almost like oil on them. They have somewhat of a purplish cloudy look to them. The trim around the windows also looks like that.

On another note, does anyone know how to clean the B-pillars so that they are black again?? I've tried several things but nothing seems to work or last very long.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
only thing i have found for cleaning the pillars, i cannot find anymore. It was made by zymol and was a leather/general purpose cleaner, i found it at a discount store, and when i went back to get more, they were all out.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
If you buy the polished stainless ones, i think it'd be good. You can also get pieces to cover up the piece at the back corner of the back door. All in all probably run ya bout $80-$100 for the full set. In '01 they made those pieces gloss black instead of flat black. I just polished and waxed the black stuff on my '02 M Special and it came out beautiful. When I had my 98 trep, i tried all kinds of stuff, nothing that really lasted all that long, more than a week or two. I say buy the full set of pillar covers, looks sharp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I bought a bottle of Mother's Back to Black tonight and I'll give that a try. If that doesn't help or last too long I'll buy the chrome/stainless coverups. My wife liked them when I showed them to her.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I tried the back to black and I found it made them look nicer if I pretty much left it on as opposed to following their instructiong of putting it on, letting it set then buffing it out. After I wiped it off they pretty much looked like they did before just a little bit better, but leaving it on makes them kinda greesy/slick.

I'm still working on what to do with them, try other approaches; really intense waxing, polishing, repainting or stick'ems from ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts