DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Sup all. My 2000 2.7 was shuddering really bad when I first got it, then I replace the right cylinder head and that fixed the problem. Now the newest issue is the car stalls out when I stop for red lights. Sometimes it feels like it wants to stall then I give it some gas and it picks up again. Other times when I am giving it a bit of gas at around 35-40 mph the car surges. It isn't throwing any codes and I just replaced the spark plugs (recommended -Champion platinum) . Any ideas you guys could give would be appreciated. I was thinking o2 sensors (4 right?), maybe the map sensor or even the cam shaft sensor.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Are you burning lo-grade gas or mid-level?
My 3.2 can't STAND low octane--does just what you are saying on 'regular'.

Reactions: Strizay

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to replace the cam sensor Friday since the part is so cheap. I just wish I had a better picture of where it's located. The picture in the service manual is pretty vague in black in white. I usually use low grade gas. I never thought of that. I will start using mid grade to see if that makes a difference. I also wanna throw in some sea foam with my next full tank. At a little over 109,000 miles and this is the car's only real problem, I'm pretty happy. If by next Friday the problem isn't fixed, I guess I'll fix the crank sensor. I don't mind changing small parts one at a time. Thanks for the help guys. I'll update with the changes.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here's the update. I filled the tank with Plus gas instead of regular and added a bottle of sea foam. I tried to replace the cam sensor but I couldn't get the stupid plug to release so I just let it go and put it back in. I wasn't getting codes before now I get code 1297 (The MAP sensor doesn't change its reading when the engine is running!) Are the cam sensor and map sensor related? Or was the map sensor the problem the whole time and not the cam sensor. Would the problem with the map sensor make the car stall and surge like I described? Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.