DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeing as I just got a digital camera, I thought, "Why not break it in with a few car pics?" So here they are:

1995 Chargold Intrepid ES 3.3L

Front of the car, complete with supplemental driving lights and white bar over license plate to thwart would-be identity theives... :

My lovely purple replacement door from a BASE Intrepid (argh!) and you can see a voltmeter I stuck into that extra space on the left side of the dash (overlooking the lovely RIT swampland):

Close-up on the voltmeter, which lights up in 7 colors with the headlights on (it does work, but the car's not on):

View from the driver's seat:

Center console w/ATC, stock stereo, and message center:

Lousy cloth seats (leather soon) and my eyeglass case and broken CD player:

(dirty) Engine w/ APC CAI:

And my RIT sticker. You know our football team is undefeated since 1978...:

My new stereo (Panasonic CQ-C7103U):

Out of the box:

In the car:

Radio on, untilted:

And the 3 levels of tiltiness:

And opened to insert a CD:

I have a few mods I'd be working on if I had the money, but college is taking most of it right now. I'll accept any donations graciously...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I should have charcoal leather seats from a 2000 intrepid if interpretblurple ever gets around to sending them. I'm also planning on putting in an OTIS and upgrading the sound sytem. And the purple door was the result of a minor accident on my way to school on april fools day last year. My mechanic took 2 weeks to find another intrepid door, and when I was on my way up to get the car back I thought to myself "Oh, please don't let the door be purple..." And sure enough when I saw the car: :icon_sad:.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
wait, another person having problems with interpretblurple?
anyways, no shame in having no money due to college, just check out my sig thread, never saw the intake installed like that, most people turn it the other way, *shrugs* matter of personal opinion I guess

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Wow, doesnt look too bad. I dont get the white light in front ? I like it but dont understand why its there. I like the ES bumper and the color. (maybe you could get all 4 doors purple :) lol just messin. Also look around there are alot of mods about there that cost little money. But believe me mods are addictive!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
how do you have that voltmeter on there? can you get some pics of the interior?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put some interior pics up. I used a 2" hole saw to make a hole in the dash and just stuck it in there. It's not fastened to anything, but it's just a little oversized and makes a very tight fit with the padded vinyl. I tried to pull it out from the front, but it wouldn't budge. I did wish I'd put it like an 1/8" lower, because the vinyl doesn't completey cover the top. But it works well and lights up in 7 different colors.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
hmmm, good idea actually, better than my A/F gauge mounting option, using the mounting bracket, and shoving it tight around the bezel that surrounds the speedometer, wedged to the left side

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
First Picture. White light above license plate. Also what happen to the driver side bumper?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
nhogan said:
First Picture. White light above license plate. Also what happen to the driver side bumper?
Are you talking about the little neon tube looking thing on the license mount? if you are, that's not a light! Its where the plate slips underneath the two black tabs on the plate frame. or maybe I'm wrong either way, your car looks good! I'm in college too so I know all about trying to find money for mods! if you check the links in my sig I have a few cheap mods that I've done you might want to look into them.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, that's just the white color of the license plate between the tabs holding it on. As for the dent on the bumper, that was from an unfortunate inceident involving a rock at the end of my friend's driveway. It was surrounding one of those reflective driveway markers, and I thought the driveway was on the other side, and I made a turn that was only slightly less sharp than necessary... I was going to pop it out and sand down the ridges, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Added some pics of my new stereo. Very nice sound, definitely clearer than my stock stereo and I love having an in-dash cd player (even though none of my CDs seem to have text programmed into them). I'll add some more of it installed tomorrow when it's light out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pics are uploaded. It was a real hassle getting it in, and right now the trim panel won't line up completely. But that will have to wait till I get back home as I don't have the means to fix it out here at college.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts