DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn key and just click situation is getting a little worse. Fortunately even though it took 5 key turns to get it to do more than click today, it did start and got me home. Cycling through the gears on the transmission when it didn't want to start seemed to make no difference.

Since then its worked several times of course so my slow exact diagnosis is going to be even slower.

It looks pretty tight in there but I thought it looked possible to do w/o dropping the exhaust or lifting the motor. My MarkVIII's starter and oil filter are tight but doable. The oil filter adapter plate gasket on that thing I'd prefer to never do again lol.

How difficult is the Intrepid's 2.7's starter to get off really? The manual makes it seem not so bad. Just the extra step of jacking up the engine a bit. How much of a lift w/o undoing motor mounts can I get? Does it work like I'm used to with a jack and block of wood under the oil pan? Is it really that easy? I appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Personally, I don't know how to change the starter on a 2.7. I do know that replacing the starter on my 3.5 was pretty easy, except for the rust on the nut that holds the positive wire. I do suggest cleaning the connections of the positive jump post first. They may be corroded. I think if you do need to change the starter, then you should just jack the car up and see if there is any room in there without having to take the engine mount out.

·
Registered
497 Posts
if i remember right, there is a starter relay in the engine bay power distribution box.
long shot, but it might be that.
flip relays around to test.
horn relay is seldom used and should be good to test with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts