DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Intrepid ES 3.2

Went on a long trip to PA. over Memorial day weekend, no issues, just went to VT. this weekend, on one of our stops, tried to start the car and it hesitated to start, almost like it was chocked up, when it finally did, it sputtered to a start, kinda wanted to stall and then ran fine. Another time, went to start it and the engine cranked and cranked, when I stoped trying to start, the engine started, not in the normal starting way, it was just silently started. I have no idea why it is doing this all of a sudden, I had taken it to the mechanic befor the PA. trip for a once over and it looked fine. Any ideas, I have done nothing to it at this point.

Thanks guys

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,704 Posts
I would guess crank or camshaft sensor. Pretty common, and they can start as intermittent problems then escalate to the point where it wont start at all.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it looks like it was maybe bad gas? after a fresh tank ran through, I have had no problems with a good 100 starts since.
Thanks guys.

Keith

·
Registered
843 Posts
"Went on a long trip to PA. over Memorial day weekend, no issues, just went to VT."

Keep drivin like that and the miles go threw the roof! I make a trip to Pa every month and god VT 4-6 times. My motor was put in at like 90k I know have 105k and it only been about 9 months. Majority highway miles obviously. I dont know how close to VT you are but they dont mix in ethanol yet so you get much better mileage, Im there regardless so I always fuel up before coming home.

·
Registered
531 Posts
mule said:
Hey guys,

Intrepid ES 3.2

Went on a long trip to PA. over Memorial day weekend, no issues, just went to VT. this weekend, on one of our stops, tried to start the car and it hesitated to start, almost like it was chocked up, when it finally did, it sputtered to a start, kinda wanted to stall
Having lived in VT from 1985 to 1997, if someone wanted me to go there, they'd have a hard time getting me started, too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear ya, VT is about a 2 hr. ride. Mini-vacations with dad camping and all. had a good time. travling to Floriday in November :) upstate NH this upcoming weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts