DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately when I start the car one of two things happen.
1. If it has been run recently the RPMs jump to about 2K and go down and stabilize at about 800-850 in park and 700 RPM in gear..
2. If it has sat for a few hours or overnight it starts a bit rough, but quick-no excessive cranking, and the RPMs only get up to about 600 and then stabilize at about 800-850 in park and 700 RPM in gear.

There are no issues after startup. No codes and I have done nothing but clean the throttle bodies a few weeks ago. The running idle in gear then was at 500 RPM. No intake leaks found. Could this be something like a fuel pressure regulator? Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
mine has been doin the exact same deal here lately, although i am certian it is the infamous intake gasket. :beerchug:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do have oil on the #6 plug and have to pull the valve cover and do the spark tube-was going to start this project a couple weekends ago but haven't yet. i'll probably rip off the manifold and do the gasket again-it was done at 93k and now has 123k.
i cannot find any leaks with carb cleaner or propane. i had shop we service my company fleet check it out as it did not cost anything-they could find no leak either. i am trying to single things out that would not throw a code-fpr is one, i think. i know intake can be another.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Clean the IAC out too. I guess it could be the fuel pressure regulator, if you don't have a tester, you can rent them, to test the fuel pressure.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i'm with strongt, the iac is a little thing but can cause pain in the but problems. It's cheap and easy to clean.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iac is new as of 3-4 months ago, as are plugs, wires, etc. i'll pull it off again to see if any new buildup since it only takes 5 min-i don't think thats it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn garbage if it is the intake. should last longer than 30k. well, gotta pull the valve cover off-as noted above, i'll do this too and let ya know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts